Car Rack

bk9824

Car Rack

Post by bk9824 »

Merry Christmas everybody!

Santa brought me a new Yakima rack for my CR-V and unfortunately forgot the Might Mounts so I can't mount the final parts (saddles)

I got the Mako Saddles and Hully Rollers and after reading some reviews I've heard a lot about the Malone Sea Wings and how good they are.

So here's my question... would you recommend I switch for the Sea Wings or stick with the Mako/Roller combo?

Hope everybody is having a terrific and blessed Christmas!
Davo

Rack

Post by Davo »

I have the J-style Malone Autoloader and they are quite nice. I've read a few posts that they broke shortly after purchase, but most of the positive reviews indicated that they had been reliable for quite a while and under considerable use. I haven't had them on the road enough to provide a fair evaluation about their durability. Colleen at HOT Kayaks gave a great review of them as did someone from ACK. Colleen indicated that hers had quite a bit of use. The one thing I've worried about is security. They use nylon "wing-nuts" to tighten the clamps on each rack. They can literally be installed in 2-3 minutes so removing them while you're in the kayak and re-installing them when you're done, would NOT be much of an inconvenience. I might be inclined to remove mine if I parked in a fairly public area.

Davo
sundevil96

Post by sundevil96 »

Stick with the Makos. I've had them for a year and a half and have never had any problems with them.
Scubasteve
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Scubasteve »

Go with makos all the way around and get the EZ Loaders. They make life soooooo much.....easier.

sS