Launch points for Bessie Heights

Finn Maccumhail
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Launch points for Bessie Heights

Post by Finn Maccumhail »

I've got a buddy who's bringing his flats skiff up from Rockport in a couple weeks and we're thinking of hitting up Bessie Heights. I haven't seen much on that location recently and was wondering where the closest boat ramp to there would be.

Thanks.
~BUCKSHOT~
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by ~BUCKSHOT~ »

Port Neches Park is right across the river from Bessie Heights
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

Take some gold spoons with orange/gold trailers.
Redeye
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Redeye »

To get in the 2nd cut, launch from Port Neches Park.

To fish the Bessie Heights Canal/Entergy Outlet Canal, launching from Benoit's Rainbow Marina would be closer.

Baileys Fish Camp would be closer to get into the Entergy Inlet Canal and to the Noerthern end of Sabine Lake.

Here are they Google Placemarks for the above places. Extract the files and double click to view them with Google Earth.
Attachments
Bessie Heights.zip
(6.81 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
acm2117

Post by acm2117 »

baileys is closed.
Redeye
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Redeye »

I know Miss Bailey passed away but, is the ramp to accessible?
acm2117

Post by acm2117 »

bailey's is closed the dirt ramp at the old river bayou may be an option but the baileys ramps are closed
Finn Maccumhail
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Thanks for all the info guys.
Rotorman
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Rotorman »

forget bessie hieghts, it has been crappy for 2 years now. WAY better fish in north sabine lake south of stewts and sydneys islands. and its a shorter paddle than to entergy and no current. in the back of bessie heights is all fresh now. so fresh i caught some white perch and a bass in there. better you just go in the lake or further south to the good salt.
acm2117

Post by acm2117 »

there ain't anything wrong with some bass and reds mixed. hell i saw a blue gill come up in a crab net in the mouth of old river bayou a month ago. :roll: we've been catching reds and sheepshead farther up river than bessie heights. you'll do fine you just might catch some bass in the process also.
bucknplastic

Post by bucknplastic »

I'm new to the TYK forum, and have enjoyed it furtively for several months now. I yakked Bessie Heights for the first time from the north side of Rainbow Bridge and didn't have far to go to find reds willing to take my red & white topwater spook on August 2. Early morning on a fresh incoming tide. Thanks for posting other Sabine locations for yakking.
Finn Maccumhail
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Moscone wrote:forget bessie hieghts, it has been crappy for 2 years now. WAY better fish in north sabine lake south of stewts and sydneys islands. and its a shorter paddle than to entergy and no current. in the back of bessie heights is all fresh now. so fresh i caught some white perch and a bass in there. better you just go in the lake or further south to the good salt.
Won't be paddling. We're going to have the Ranger Banshee.

So why has Bessie Heights been crappy for 2 years now?

Plus, if Meyer Bayou is further upstream and is looking good why wouldn't Bessie?
Rotorman
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Rotorman »

wow if i was in a banshee id be hitting keiths lake. as far as bessie hieghts they put new pipelines in about 5 years ago and it cut out most of the saltwater intrusion into the marsh. now there is SO MUCH F!@#KIN widgin grass that the water is getting to be very fresh. great for ducks, sucks for fish. yes there are reds in there but the only good place in the hole area now is meyers and the main cut. you can try fishin the gook canal but beeing someone who fishes from PNG park and beyond allot, there are WAY beter spots to go to garantee fish than to fight the hieghts. good luck and i hope to here a slammer report but ill be fishin north lake or texas bayou on saterday cause i KNOW there re good CCA winning fish in those areas. happy hunting.