Spring Creek

BigBuck

Spring Creek

Post by BigBuck »

I had to take my wife to the airport again today. I decided to take the day off and fish the afternoon. I loaded up the kayak, intending to go to Bedias. On the way to the airport we hit rain off and on. I did not want to go to bedias by myself and sit in the rain all afternoon, so I decided to just work Spring Creek. I went to Jesse Jones park to see what was happening. I spoke to one of the Park employees, we discussed Kayak put in areas and wading areas. After discussions with him, I decided to put my kayak in Spring Creek at Cypreswood drive. There is quite a little hill to contend with at the bridge, makes the hill at Bedias look like a boat ramp. Got in the water just before noon. Fished from the bridge down to where the first active creek comes in. I quit at 6 pm. I do not know exactly how many I caught, I suppose between 20-25. I kept 9 for a fish fry. I probably caught 2 that would have been under 10". The largest I caught was a pig, it was just over 17". I caught most of them on a white roadrunner with a red head. I caught a few on a yellow roadrunner. I still need to get my Bedias fix. Maybe next week.
BB
Attachments
Spring Creek 1, resized.jpg
Spring Creek 2 resized.jpg
PharmDPhisher

Post by PharmDPhisher »

thanks for the report....... its been a good run this year....... i've heard good reports for spring creek from 45 to the san jac all within the last 2 weeks..... I even made one myself sunday........ lots of big males to be had as well as some giant females..... thanks again
Tyak
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Tyak »

Cool report, that's some good eatin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ty
sherwood

Post by sherwood »

Is the parking ok near the Cypresswood bridge?
texasJ

Post by texasJ »

Good report. I can't wait to get up there and fish next week.
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

That is one fine stringer.......WTG, man. Congrats on a good trip!
BigBuck

Parking

Post by BigBuck »

Sherwood, the parking area is pretty good. I bet it would be crowded on a weekend. The trip to the water is a little hairy if you have a boat or yak. There is always a joker that backs up to the closest access point, drops his boat and then parks there. As long as you do not get blocked in, it should be ok. I would suggest going for the first time on a week day so you can check it out.
BB
sherwood

Post by sherwood »

I've never fished/yaked a creek before, nor have I fished white bass before, so I'm pretty excited. I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to go, but I'll make sure to post up and see if others are going.
Steven H

Spring Creek

Post by Steven H »

They are on fire at the back of Jesse Jones park. Was there today and got 40+ and saw probably 300 caught. I am new to this site and am trying to decide on a yak after too much sticker shock from the boat reapir man. my friends have canoed from where you guys are mentioning and no problems. Could use a little help with choices. Thinking of just starter leve heritage 12 SOT from academy at 430.00, tell me what you think. I live in Kingwood and plan to start using it in the area.