Anybody fished Sabine lately?

TroutDaddy86

Anybody fished Sabine lately?

Post by TroutDaddy86 »

Has anyone fished Sabine lately and if so have you had any luck? We put our kayaks in at the sailboard ramp on the end of the North Levee the other day and fished all the way to the Ship Channel. There was lots of big mullet which is usually a good sign for those big trout this time of year and we caught nothing. I had one blow up on a Bone Super Spook and that was it nothing else in the 3 hours that we fished.
SafetyHooker
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: Phoenix, AZ <'))))>°{ RGV, Arroyo City. Make it a Great day!

Post by SafetyHooker »

You need to be fishing deeper down. larger soft plastics like Corkey's.
bayoued

Post by bayoued »

Me and a couple of my friends put the yaks in at the bridge on baileys road and fished the marsh sunday after noon. We only fished for about 30 minutes before going exploring but we ended up with one red just shy of keeping. Seemed to be an awful lot of mullet (or some kind of bait) in the marsh lakes. Depending on the weather I'll probably try to fish this this weekend.
TroutDaddy86

Post by TroutDaddy86 »

If you dont mind telling, where you headed to this weekend?
bayoued

Post by bayoued »

I dont know yet I was thinking about trying the Louisiana side of the lake just south of east pass or the cove in front of baileys, but I dont really know where I'll end up. What about you?
TroutDaddy86

Post by TroutDaddy86 »

Depending on the wind and water I will either be in Keith Lake drifting the Pass or somewhere on the Louisiana Shoreline. Want to go to Calcasieu but I am going to fish before work so not enough time.
Piscator
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Piscator »

I may be headed to Texas Bayou Saturday around noon or so.
TroutDaddy86

Post by TroutDaddy86 »

I can not fish on Saturday now but I will be going on Sunday at some point if someone wants to get together and meet up to go somewhere. Most likely be in Keith Lake or Texas Bayou.
P.S. Piscador let me know how you do on Saturday in Texas Bayou.
TroutDaddy86

Post by TroutDaddy86 »

I can not fish on Saturday now but I will be going on Sunday at some point if someone wants to get together and meet up to go somewhere. Most likely be in Keith Lake or Texas Bayou.
P.S. Piscador let me know how you do on Saturday in Texas Bayou.
TroutDaddy86

Post by TroutDaddy86 »

P.S. Piscator let me know how you do on Saturday in Texas Bayou.
TroutDaddy86

Post by TroutDaddy86 »

P.S. Piscator let me know how you do on Saturday in Texas Bayou.