Liquid Logic Kayaks?

get_the_net

Liquid Logic Kayaks?

Post by get_the_net »

Hey All,
Interested in purchasing a new kayak. Just doing some research any info would be appreciated from any of you LL owners or sales reps. Pretty basic stuff that can't be found on website. How easily can it be rigged for fishing? Can you sit sideways without turtling? Will it stand up to shell and rock?

I do apologize if I am breaking rules, against sponsors. Just want some info as I have seen alot of these kayaks lately.

Thanks for all.
SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: The Woodlands, TX...TEAM SOUTHWEST, Team Castaway Rods

Post by SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS »

I think the LL Manta Ray is the best fishing platform on the market. I use one everytime I am on the water. They are extremely dry riding boats with lots of flat deck space that is perferct for outfitting. I will be doing my outfitting today so I will try to get some pics up either today or in the morning. You can sit saddle without turtleing, some people claim it is uncomfortable but I don't have the same opinion as those people. I find the layout of the cockpit to be great for fishing and the seat is like sitting in an office chair. PM me if there are more questions you have about the boat. I have every color of 12' and blue and olive on the 14', but I have another shipment coming in next week with 10', 12' and 14'.

Chris
SWPS
chris@paddlesports.com
281-292-5600
JBH1979

Post by JBH1979 »

I will second that opinion from Chris. He sold me mine and my brothers and they are FANTASTIC boats & very easy to rig up. Only rigging I had to do was two rod holders (perfect b/c I dont like 99% of manufacturer setups anyways. Only other add ons where s/s eye bolts that I run my anchor rope through and a clete. Fishing machine ready to go! Heres a pic of my brothers. Definately the most comfortable kayak I've paddled. Great for the surf (it has high sides) so those big waves that usually wash over most kayak sides doesnt happen on the LL. Buy it, you wont be dissapointed!

custom lettering on the front & a little trout

SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Hey John I hadn't seen those pics, those are nice. You two now have pics going up on the pic board.

Chris
SWPS
281-292-5600
chris@paddlesports.com
SafetyHooker
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: Phoenix, AZ <'))))>°{ RGV, Arroyo City. Make it a Great day!

Post by SafetyHooker »

Get The Net,

Welcome aboard welcome to TKF :!:
Tyak
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Tyak »

The Mantas are very easily rigged for fishing. Lots of flat surfaces for mounting rod holders and acc. The yaks hold up exceptionally well to scratches. One of the favorite things for most folks is the comfy seats that you don't have to worry about taking out.

There are a lot of great yaks out there and when you paddle a Manta Ray, you can't help but love it. The 12 is a great all around yak, but the 14 is simply perfect for me. Try one and see how they fit you?

LL also stands behind their products. Although you probably won't need it, they will stand behind them down the road.

Ty
Fin-Addict
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Fin-Addict »

Hey JBH1979, I thought you had an anchor trolly system?
Does the rope get hung up on the pad eye?

PM SENT
Slingshot
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Slingshot »

The Trout Scout

Post by The Trout Scout »

Slingy, here's a gamma ray corrected pic of someones hard work if it's any assistance. BTW, Nice set up. :wink:

The Liquid Logic is one of my wifes favorite kayaks, and if I am not mistaken - they make'em in colors that appeal to wifes, daughters and girlfriends!! Take a gal kayak fishing!!! That's my motto. :wink: 8)

Capt. Rex
Fishfry

Post by Fishfry »

I thought I had the only OD Green MR12.. I love mine. Fish out of it at least 3 times a week, but since the Jan 1st, it's been 5 days a week. Mostly fish around Austin, but I've had mine to the coast three times since September.

I really like this yak and it has never done me wrong. The hull is tough and I've run mine up on the oysters, logs etc w/o any problems. About the only thing I'd do different is mount the rod holders on the left instead of one on each side. The one on the right gets in the way sometimes. My seat drain leaks, but I'm getting ready to put some teflon tape around the threads to fix that. I sit side saddle w/o discomfort. I'm 215 w/o a whataburger and there is a tad bit of water down in footwells, but it's a really dry yak.
SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Ok here is a link to my Manta Ray, I just got finished for now but there is still some more work in the future, like some cockpit lights and non-slip pads for standing on.

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s159 ... r_Drifter/

Chris
SWPS
chris@paddlesports.com
281-292-5600
Tyak
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Tyak »

A'int nothing basic about that rigging. That is SWEET!!!!!!!!!

Wait till you see my little project, a yellow/spec MR 10 is being pimped in my garage as we speak!!!!!!!!!

This might be my favorite yak. 8)

Ty
Fuzzy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Fuzzy »

So did anyone catch fish.
Twex

Post by Twex »

I have a yellow MR12, but I LIKE that blue color, and I like the 10's too. I think I know what my next yak will be :)

The only things I wish LL did with the MR's is have a bit of space behind the seat to keep some essentials, the cup holder is a little large for the bottles that I use, and the bottles typically fall over, and end up 'somewhere'. Also I'd like the side cockpit bags that are on the new search (though can/will probably add some to the MR myself). Other than those minor things, I can't really fault it.
Fin-Addict
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Fin-Addict »

artofficial wrote:A'int nothing basic about that rigging. That is SWEET!!!!!!!!!

Wait till you see my little project, a yellow/spec MR 10 is being pimped in my garage as we speak!!!!!!!!!

This might be my favorite yak. 8)

Ty

Don't hold out on me Ty, PM me some pics 8)
get_the_net

Post by get_the_net »

Thanks to all for the input. The MR looks like it functions well rigged, and also has alot of satisfied customers. Just wish it can guarantee trout like JBH. Thanks guys for all your input and the welcome.
SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

SS I will post some pics of the ten that I have been using, it is blue also but you can tell the difference in the two.

Chris
SWPS
FISHMAN
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Rock Port--Corpus Christi--KAYAK FISHING GUIDE www.fishmansguideservice.com / Team Ocean Kayak.com

Post by FISHMAN »

:D :D :D
Attachments
003.jpg
Tyak
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Tyak »

Cool, If it were only a LL.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

FISHMAN,

If that's an OK Prowler you're standing up in, is it the 13 model?
SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Nice Ty.

Chris
JBH1979

Post by JBH1979 »

Leave it to Fishman to show off! :lol: While he's birdwatching I'm busy reeling in fish! :twisted:
The Trout Scout

Post by The Trout Scout »

I've seen quite a few ladies pics of BIG fish caught while those gals paddled their Liquid Logic Kayaks.

Can't get much cooler than that.
:D 8)

Capt. Rex
Tyak
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Tyak »

What gals?

BIG fish???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ty
Attachments
brookebull.jpg
brookebull.jpg (30.73 KiB) Viewed 4864 times
FISHMAN
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Rock Port--Corpus Christi--KAYAK FISHING GUIDE www.fishmansguideservice.com / Team Ocean Kayak.com

Post by FISHMAN »

Night Wing wrote:FISHMAN,

If that's an OK Prowler you're standing up in, is it the 13 model?

Yes it's a Prowler Big Game 13. Here are some videos standing in it.

http://www.texastrout.com/teamoceankaya ... ggame1.mpg

http://www.texastrout.com/teamoceankaya ... ggame2.mpg

http://www.texastrout.com/teamoceankaya ... ggame3.mpg