High Island today - with pics

Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

High Island today - with pics

Post by Mythman »

Last night at 9:00 the weather said sunny, 60 ° and wind 4 mph…………at 5:30 this morning the forecast changed to cloudy, 52° and wind 15 mph. Since I was already loaded I decided to go fishing anyway.

Stopped by Joe’s bait in Boliver and bought all his crabs…..he said no more until March, then got to the beach found the entrance at Meacom’s pier to be blockaded by piles of sand that hat been bulldozed up. Finally to to the beach at 9:15 am and this is what it looked like:

It was windy and cold and I was slow putting my rods out. About 10:00 am FlaFish and Aceshooter001 show up and we set up rods on the beach…….the water was excellent for kayaking, but all the kayaks stayed strapped down on the vehicles as it was just too windy and cold to sit out on the water. So we fished off the beach all day.

An hour later Henry shows up and puts his rods out and about an hour after that Alton shows up with his favorite fishing partner, his 3 yr.old son.

We had a good visit but absolutely no fishing action. We were fishing cut mullet, live crabs, finger mullet and crawfish……I am the only one who had a run and it must have been a big ugly because it was not a strong run. That run was on crab.

Later Bullmaster stopped by and visited but didn’t fish off the beach. Then about 2:14, Gone Yaking show and puts four rods out. By that time those of us that had been there since morning were ready to go home. Everyone but Gone Yaking left about 3:50 and I am hoping he had some luck. By then the sun had come out and I left him reclined in his lounger, with his sunshades on, working on his tan!

Here are a few of the hardcore fishermen: Aceshooter001, FlaFish and dog Mandy and Alton( Alton's son was in the car watching his DVD player by this time). Believe it or not, it was a fun day……..good friends always make the day fun.

blesker
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by blesker »

It ain't the catchin' - it's the fishin' :)

Nice pix man.

b
FISHMAN
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: Rock Port--Corpus Christi--KAYAK FISHING GUIDE www.fishmansguideservice.com / Team Ocean Kayak.com

Post by FISHMAN »

Mandy is the coolest dog!!
Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Post by Fla-Fish »

FISHMAN wrote:Mandy is the coolest dog!!

Thanks FISHMAN it was her 1st day ever at the beach.
She needed it as much as I did. She lost her Best Buddy a few days ago.
And I did not want to leave her home alone.
Chasing seagulls and trying to stay warm I am glad I brought her with me.
Good day to not be working. Cold and no fish but still a good day with friends.
Gone Yakin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Gone Yakin »

(What the weather report said) High in the low 60's, very light N, NW wind
(What is should of said) High near -34 Deg. winds out of the N at 368 Mph. Stay home unless your a kite flying polar bear.

Anyways, I stayed until about 4:45, it was getting too damn cold for me. Decided to drive past the barricades aways and just kept going. I was hoping the cold would mean all the nudies were at home.....nude. After a horribly long, bumpy, a boring drive I ran into a young guy fishing by the geotubes. We conversated while and he said he caught some nice bull reds and a few big uglies. I guess I should have stuck with my original plan to fish Sea Rim, oh well. I'm still thinking about hitting it Sat. or Sun. depending on how off the weather forcast are for this weekend. Anyways, good to see you guys and nice to meet the new ones. Laters.
bing

Post by bing »

sat morning. sea rim temp 31 degrees at 6AM. 1st time in new neoprene walked out hip deep. i was more comfortable in the water then out. had frozen shad, crab & shrimp. no hits on anything for 2 hours headed to texas bayou for an hour tossing plastics with no result. when i left sabine temp was at 39 degrees. brrr