Fishing report today w. gal. 1/6/07

reddog
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Fishing report today w. gal. 1/6/07

Post by reddog »

When fishing this fogging morning. And found the trout. The first 45 min. in the water Brain and myself strung 9 trout to around 20 1/4". total count was 14 trout , 4 reds. All reds were released they were under sized. MIght have pics up tom. of fish keeped
Last edited by reddog on Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gordo-wannafish

Post by Gordo-wannafish »

WOW!!! I went with the PACK group, West Bay around Dana, not a trout one as far as I know. Man how things can be different a short way away!!! :roll: Sounds like you had it going on!!
reddog
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by reddog »

Two weekends in a row. FRiday friend caught a 4 3/4# er there. 23 " long.
browndog

Post by browndog »

Met with the PACK group as well and snagged one 20" Red. Lure was RootBeer Silver/Black-Norton Sand Eel with black/gold eyes-rockport rattler. I wanted the trout. The fog was insaaaaane!
Where is this place so close you caught trout??? :? I'm looking for a place to catch some trout? North Christmas Bay???
Attachments
danacove_1_06_07.jpg
smc2024

Post by smc2024 »

My buddy and i also gave W. Bay a try. We fished the biotubes and out to Carancahua reef. NOTHING :(
But thank GOD for GPS.
Any help with better places to put in would be great.
Specstalker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Specstalker »

I noticed your All Star has a lot of cork on it. Are they made this way? or did you rig to keep from losing it?
browndog

Post by browndog »

I noticed your All Star has a lot of cork on it. Are they made this way? or did you rig to keep from losing it?
Yes, they are made this way. I did no rigging. Though, I do need to get a floating device or leash before something does happen(you jinking me :lol: ). Purchased the All Star at Academy. I did try buying another All Star rod at Bass Pro in Katy, and they didn't carry the rod in the picture above.[/quote]
browndog

Post by browndog »

Oh, forgot to mention, the Redfish's stomache was full of 2" crab. Has anyone had a fast reaction using Berkley Gulp Crab lures???
TX_Sportsman

Post by TX_Sportsman »

Tried thse crabs in west bay a while back (no Luck) will try again later, but have had mderate success casting them on the beach. (new penny)
SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: The Woodlands, TX...TEAM SOUTHWEST, Team Castaway Rods

Post by SOUTHWESTPADDLESPORTS »

I have thrown the 2" crab alot and my brother throws them a ton down in Laguana for reds and he slays them. They are a great bait for sight casting to tails. I did try them in the surf once when they first came out but I only caught a few small whiting that ended up shark bait.

Chris
SWPS
chris@paddlesports.com
281-292-5600
Hookem
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Hookem »

I love fishing foggy weather!!! I have found that fishing the thick fog provides better fishing...

we fished drum bay sat. also....didnt do to bad but not as good as i would have liked. limit of reds but the trout were a lil more picky, only picked up 4... :? one being undersized. I kept the two smaller reds.....the young ones are good eating!

"Dirty Tony" Gonzalez
reddog
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by reddog »

no pic phone that took pic can`t e mail to me. Brain saw a guy sat morning catch about a 50 # black drum on a bass assasin.
Assault the Salt

Post by Assault the Salt »

Thats a fat trout, good job on the reds, leave seem to have eluded me the last couple of times I've been out.