Indianola New Year

skypilot
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Indianola New Year

Post by skypilot »

Spent Sunday and Monday night at the Indianola Fishing Marina with a friend. We fished Sunday from sunset till 9:30 pm and caught eight reds up to 24 inches. Monday was tough with a north wind all day. My friend caught a nice flounder and I was skunked. We were joined Monday night by another kayak buddy and invited our fish to be the guests of honor at a fish fry. Yum! We fished Tuesday and caught ten reds and a flounder. One red was FULL of tiny white shrimp.
Attachments
102_1026.jpg
Specstalker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Specstalker »

My brother and I met there last year. I am not recognizing where you were exactly. Where you on the shoreline closes to the Fishing Camp?
Chaz
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chaz »

They wre standing at one of the worst places to be fishing in Indianola. For those of us who have spent countless hours fruitlessly churning the surface of Powderhorn Lake into froth with frenetic retrieves, trying to entice imaginary fish to hit, we know the spot well. It is the place where the old pier used to be. Someone put it there because, like so many fisherman before them, the place looked fishy, They were fooled as were legions of fishermen and fisherwomen and fisherkids before them. You will only get skunked there. The remains of the old pier eat terminal tackle. The imaginary redfish rumored to lurk there are a myth.

And do not even bother going beyond the point of land in the background. That is the point of no return. There are alligators who will ambush you like bait as you move past the point to attempt to fish the reef just beyond the point and to the left. There are huge man-eating stone crabs in the channel in the middle of the reef which will eat your legs. And there are poisonous fish at the edges of the reef on the down current side. Ignore the rumors of numerous reds lurking about the scattered shell on the other side - the rumors are only there to lure you to a certain death. No one comes back.

Go somewhere else to fish. You will be better off.

Don't fish there - you will regret it.
skypilot
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by skypilot »

We launched from the Indianola Fishing Marina, on the shore west of the boat launch area. From there you can paddle into the Powderhorn, or into Matagorda Bay and fish the shoreline there. Also, there are numerous spots to stop and wadefish. Beware, on a recent trip I spotted seven gators. Got back into my kayak quickly.
Attachments
102_1038.jpg
skypilot
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

imaginary redfish

Post by skypilot »

Featured here are two of the imaginary redfish captured, cleaned, cooked, and consumed on this trip.
Attachments
redfish 0701.JPG
Chaz
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Chaz »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SafetyHooker
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: Phoenix, AZ <'))))>°{ RGV, Arroyo City. Make it a Great day!

Post by SafetyHooker »

:lol: :lol: :lol: