Sabine Lake Fishing (Supper Only)

TrailShoe

Sabine Lake Fishing (Supper Only)

Post by TrailShoe »

Got supper out of the lake today. Fished my new hot spot and picked up a 17" flounder on 3" gulp natural shrimp and a 20" Spec on gulp pink mullet I think that is what it is called or something like that. There was a power boat that moved in on my location and picked up a couple of flounder and one speck also. They were using mud minnows. Anyway, any day on the water catching fish is good.
TS

Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

Very nice, congrats, WTG man!
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

When I start using new baits for flounder, I like to keep some records on length, color, etc. This year while using Gulp shrimp baits, I've noticed I've caught more flounder using the 3" length than I did with the 4" length in my favorite colors. I don't know what Berkley puts in their Gulp baits, but I wish they would put them in their curly tail grubs.
guthook

Post by guthook »

All the flounder in my avatar were caught on white 3" swimmin mullet ( curly tail grub)

PAUL
Noneck

Post by Noneck »

exactly, any day on the water catching fish is a good day!
Justin_Time
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Justin_Time »

Nightwing, the Gulp Swimming Mullet (curley tail grub) have the same scent as the shrimp. I have caught quite a few fish using the Mullet.
hookset4

Post by hookset4 »

Night Wing wrote:I don't know what Berkley puts in their Gulp baits, but I wish they would put them in their curly tail grubs.

Night Wing, as Justin_Time pointed out the 4" Gulp Swimming Mullet is a curly tail. Have caught flounder on the white, yellow, chartreuse, red and a ton on the pink bubble gum looking curly tail. Other colors work for flounder but that pink curly tail has yielded over 100 flounder for me the last two seasons.

-hook
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

When I was at Gander Mountain almost 6 months ago, I stocked up on plenty of Gulp Shrimps. I guess I will have to go back to GM and take a look at the Gulf Swimming Mullet. I didn't know it was a curly tail grub because most of the swimming mullets I've seen have had paddletails.