Jolly Roger in Texas Fish & Game

Cabeza de Vaca

Jolly Roger in Texas Fish & Game

Post by Cabeza de Vaca »

Pick up the January issue of "Texas Fish & Game" and read the article entitled "Spooled" by Paul Bradshaw on p. 32. It's an interesting read and there is a surf fishing story by TJ embedded in the article.
Congrats to the Jolly Roger on his statewide "fishing fame."

--CDV
Vlaude
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Vlaude »

Got an early Christmas gift from family for TX F&G. Looks like a good mag. Looking forward to getting my first issue. Can't wait to start reading them. Makes for some good reading at the breakfast table! I was hoping to get the Dec. but at least the January??? We'll see I'll keep an eye out for the article!
northpaw
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by northpaw »

Congrats TJ!! You celebrity you :D
Justin_Time
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Justin_Time »

Way to go TJ! We are surrounded by fishing celebrities around here.... :lol:
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

So TJ, when are you going to quit your day job to become an outdoor writer? :wink:
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

Congrats TJ, it's about time you are recognized for what you do for kayaking and fishing. WTG, amigo!!!
Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Post by Fla-Fish »

Mythman wrote:Congrats TJ, it's about time you are recognized for what you do for kayaking and fishing. WTG, amigo!!!

What he said I could not have said it better.

ManLaw Rules :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
rmarkham

Texas Fish and Game Mag

Post by rmarkham »

I read everything I can and by far TFG is the best mag I've run across. In fact, I'm looking for mine in the mail. Usually comes around the 20th. :)
Fish Aholic

Post by Fish Aholic »

I need to read it. I like to read articles from people who actual go out there and do it! Congrats J. R.!!!!!!!!
Troutless
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Troutless »

Like Mythman said! Congrat's TJ, I'm looking forward to reading the article.
Dr Jeff

Post by Dr Jeff »

Great article! I'm glad to see someone as helpful & unselfish as TJ is getting some recognition.
Jolly Roger
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Jolly Roger »

Mythman wrote:Congrats TJ, it's about time you are recognized for what you do for kayaking and fishing. WTG, amigo!!!

Thanks everyone, but I will leave the writing to the experts. Paul is a great writer and a good friend. I could never put stories together as good as he does. I can also tell that most of yall have not read it yet, needless to say it makes for a good laugh, and is all very true.

By the way the running joke in my family is that my parents had to shorten my name to two letters so I could spell it. T.J.
Noneck

Post by Noneck »

knocked yourself out with a fishing rod? :D i cant believe it. i got a spare hardhat if you need it. :P
Dr Jeff

Post by Dr Jeff »

T.J.,I read it, but don't understand how you got knocked out, if the line didn't break.
Crazy Yak
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Article

Post by Crazy Yak »

I was at Academy going through the checkout while simultaneously flipping through to find the article (not even sure if I had the right publication)... To get to the point I wasn't paying attention and only put 1/3 of my merchandise on the counter and walked out to my vehicle with about $60 worth of stuff in the cart not paid for! Being a successful but honest thief I went back in to pay for it, at least the Cashier thought it was funny! I didn't even find the article but I'm sure it's a good one--good job TJ!
Crazy Yak
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Article

Post by Crazy Yak »

I was at Academy going through the checkout while simultaneously flipping through to find the article (not even sure if I had the right publication)... To get to the point I wasn't paying attention and only put 1/3 of my merchandise on the counter and walked out to my vehicle with about $60 worth of stuff in the cart not paid for! Being a successful but honest thief I went back in to pay for it, at least the Cashier thought it was funny! I didn't even find the article but I'm sure it's a good one--good job TJ!