conroe slam

jrussell_72

conroe slam

Post by jrussell_72 »

Ok, it's going to be hard for some to believe especially since I didn't have my camera with me but yesterday was the best day of fishing that I have ever had in my kayak. I was in Adkins creek on lake conroe trying to catch some black bass and not having much luck at all. Around 2pm I paddle out to the main part of the cove staying in the creek channel. I could see tons of bait fish on my graph so I decided to troll a crankbait and see what happens. Fish on. An 8 inch white bass. I dropped anchor and decided to see if I could catch some more. luckly I brought my trusty micro spinning rig tipped with a white and pink crappie jig. I dropped it over the side and held it between my toes while still casting the crankbait. I was in 12ft of water but was noticing the bait fish staying in the 5 to 8 foot range so I switched to a smaller crank. That changed everything. I started catching fish about ever tenth cast and also getting hooked up on the crappie jig sometimes getting a double hookup. The excitement really began when a 19" inch hybrid slammed my crank about 10ft from the kayak. At that same moment the ultralight started screaming and line was getting pealed off both reels. I fought the first and got him in but the second one I never saw. All in all I caught about 35 whites and hybrids.
SafetyHooker
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: Phoenix, AZ <'))))>°{ RGV, Arroyo City. Make it a Great day!

Post by SafetyHooker »

Sounded like you had a blast.
That spot has always been good to me. I have not fished in a cpl years do to being out of town working.
gyoung
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by gyoung »

perty big creek... atkins is technically the same arm that april sound and walden are in...

sure you don't want to give a way your secret spot...but where were you exactly?

I plan to paddle out of april sound eventually and I know a few spots but... I'll take any help I can get!

G
Last edited by gyoung on Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishmastr1

Post by Fishmastr1 »

man thats great! I hate it and I love it at the same time when you have two reels with a fish on both!
gyoung
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by gyoung »

Fished the mouth of little lake cr. (launched at bentwater boatlaunch).
a little bit of a paddle but I was attempting to fish a rod out at the launch, my brother dropped when he turtled at thanksgiving.

No luck.. on the rod or fishing (was limited with amount of time I had on the water). Was glad I could get out and get the exercise! was a bueatiful day!

will give you a shout next time I am in the area.. should be soon!
jrussell_72

Post by jrussell_72 »

I live in Cape Conroe so most of the fishing I do is between the boat ramp in CC and just a little past Del Lago. Friday I was about 200yards back from the Riverboat sitting in 12ft of water. Out of all the times I've been out that was the second time that I've seen so many bait fish in that area. Now that I know what to look for I will definitly be fishing for more whites and hybrids.