My secret for finding Red's

Dawgfish

My secret for finding Red's

Post by Dawgfish »

Be fishing for something else!!!

Made the drive down to AP this morning planning to work the drains and cuts from LHL to the Lydia Ann hoping to find some flounder staging or maybe a few trout hanging out in the deep water.

Paddled up to the first spot and started working the drain when I heard a bunch of noise farther back, take a look over my shoulder and see bait getting busted and a couple of tails up at the grass line. 30 minutes later I've got 2 red's on the stringer, 1 undersized thrown back, and 1 clean cut off on the shell.

Moved to the next drain and repeated the same. Had a limit of redfish before 10 AM. :D

I Had a few good hits from flatties but I haven't quite mastered the proper hook set for them yet :oops: Closed out the day playing with the Trout in the deeper channels. caught one nearly every cast for almost 2 hours, only one keeper in the bunch but it sure was a lot of fun.

Caught all but one fish with pumpkinseed/chart. Assassins, 1/8th oz head worked nice and slow along the bottom
skypilot
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by skypilot »

Good fishing. Sounds like you had a great time. What is the water temp? Still warm enough for the bait to be active? I plan to go to the coast this weekend and don't know if I should plan to take the cast net for some mullet.
isubarui
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by isubarui »

Maybe if you went fishing for reds you would have caught some flounder and more specks? :lol: Sounds like you had a good day in the end.
SafetyHooker
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: Phoenix, AZ <'))))>°{ RGV, Arroyo City. Make it a Great day!

Post by SafetyHooker »

Post Pics so we can see where you fish. :wink: