Cold Day on the Water

Wetneck

Cold Day on the Water

Post by Wetneck »

A little windy but manageable if you dream of getting your drag pulled every weekend. Anyway launched at Offets on 61st to visit the famous Bluehole thinking if the fish were as cold as I was then they would be deep and slowwwwww. Well the Bluehole produced nothing but it didn't matter, I had all of Offets to myself except the occassional pass from the Paddleboat. That thing is huge. Decided to chase some Pelicans diving in the water right in the middle of Offets about half way to Teichman Point. I paddled my a_s off to get there before the feeding was over. Finally got there and warmed up a bit. It was really cool to have huge Pelicans diving no more 30 feet from the yak. Well no fish I guess the Pelicans ate them all. It's about noon now and I am cold and no fish. I debated to go to the end of the runway and fish the drop off from the flats to the channel but decided against it since I had about a mile paddle back upwind. Then I choose to fish the bank that runs along 45 since it was a little protected from the wind. Found some nice houses and some piers I thought might hold a trout or two. After about 2 more hours nothing so I prayed for 1 good fish. Just one. The Lord answered me with a huge strike on a white gulp. This fish was nice. I fought her for a while then just like I always do when I have a 30incher on I blow it getting the net. I got to see her and she was the biggest I NEVER caught. After that I was pumped up and decided to keep fishin. Finally caught these 2 flounder on the same white gulp and then it was 5pm so I decided to paddle back. Nice cold day and 1 Almost monster Trout.
Attachments
2 Nice Flounder
2 Nice Flounder
My little Meagan loves the fish
My little Meagan loves the fish
Mrz_Tarpon_Tamer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Mrz_Tarpon_Tamer »

Way to go wetneck! Those are some nice flatties ya got there! Looks like a yummy dinner for your Meg.
SafetyHooker
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: Phoenix, AZ <'))))>°{ RGV, Arroyo City. Make it a Great day!

Post by SafetyHooker »

nice flatties