B&R Flats 11/19/2006

Backwater Drifter
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

B&R Flats 11/19/2006

Post by Backwater Drifter »

Went to B&R today to find no water over the area I have been fishing lately. Ended up fishing the aransas channel area and only caught a lot of small reds and trout (no keepers). I thought I would post this information in case someone was wondering what B&R Flats looks like on a very low tide. :shock: Well that's fishing! However still had a great day on the water. :D :D 8) 8)
Last edited by Backwater Drifter on Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.
barryh43

Post by barryh43 »

B&R

Backwater,
A buddy and I are coming down on Friday after turkey day. He has never Kayaked before but is a good fisherman. I was planning on fishing B&R but from the looks of things might need to rethink. If you know of any other areas to try please pm me and give suggestions. Your suugestions when I came down on Sept. 15 paid big I posted a report but you really seem to know the area. If B&R is that low how is hog island morris and cummings area? We are willing to try anything since we are going to be there 3-4 days.
whatisthat

B&R

Post by whatisthat »

I, too, went to B&R Sunday. There was barely enough water to float my boat and the tide was going out. Ended up fishing the channels on both sides of the causway and adjacent areas. Caught 1 little red. Made it a full day of fishing and when I returmed to the truck I could see the water had returned to B&R. It was almost dark by then so I had to load up and go. It was a beautiful day thought, glad I was out in it. Some days fish some day feathers.....no thats not it......Some days fish some days..............just fun.

W
Backwater Drifter
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Backwater Drifter »

Barryh3,

I should be making another trip out before then. I will let you know what I find. If not I am sure we will think of something. :wink: I will keep you posted.

W, yea I knew the tide was going to be low but sometimes you got to go when you can. Me and Lady Backwater fished by the causeway that is where she caught that small red. Probably the same one.lol :lol: :lol:

Tight lines all :D :D 8) 8)
SafetyHooker
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: Phoenix, AZ <'))))>°{ RGV, Arroyo City. Make it a Great day!

Post by SafetyHooker »

It is very cool to have a lady angler on the trip. I need to find me one. :D
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

The last picture were the light is fading....that is a very nice picture. Thanks for sharing those.
TreeDav

Post by TreeDav »

on the 1st pic is that an old bay house sittin out there in the water ?
popcorn

Post by popcorn »

Duck blind
aggie73

Post by aggie73 »

This post may be too late, but Angler and I were in AP right before Thanksgiving and the tides were unbelievably low, Even at high tide you could not get on BR flats.

On the last day, I had to leave by noon, so did not plan to go far. I paid the $3 and put in at Crab Man's. There is a good looking inlet/outlet to the Aransas channel right across from his boat launch, so I tried it first. Got there about 7 and had caught at least 20 reds (two keepers) and one flounder by 8:30. I caught my other keeper in another of the outlets about 200 yards downstream. Caught em all on a chartruese and white gulp.

It was an outgoing tide and those channels seem to get filled with reds. I would try there sometime if you are there for several days.
aggie73

Post by aggie73 »

This post may be too late, but Angler and I were in AP right before Thanksgiving and the tides were unbelievably low, Even at high tide you could not get on BR flats.

On the last day, I had to leave by noon, so did not plan to go far. I paid the $3 and put in at Crab Man's. There is a good looking inlet/outlet to the Aransas channel right across from his boat launch, so I tried it first. Got there about 7 and had caught at least 20 reds (two keepers) and one flounder by 8:30. I caught my other keeper in another of the outlets about 200 yards downstream. Caught em all on a chartruese and white gulp.

It was an outgoing tide and those channels seem to get filled with reds. I would try there sometime if you are there for several days.