My first slot red!

fishnv
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

My first slot red!

Post by fishnv »

Hit the water at 6am on the out going tide and it still going out and it's 1pm. I put in from my dock in Bayou Vista and went out into Jones Bay. Fished the oyster beds with no luck. Then head up a gut and the tails were all over worked my way in till it was to skinny to float. So, I headed back out real slow got my first hook up and had my drag to tight and you know the rest of the story. rigged back up and through to another tail and bamm another hook up. (Gulp swimming mullet pumpkin w/red jig head)This time I got him to the boat and he'll be my lunch! 23" will post photo at later date (my upload cable is in Austin) Caught and released another 7 reds from 14" to 19.5"
This was the 1st keeper from a Kayak and the first from my new home. Will head back out when the tide comes back in to try for some flounder and trout. It was a awesome morining water was flat and clear to about 24".
beachbum011

Post by beachbum011 »

congrats
Castaway Kay

Post by Castaway Kay »

CONGRATS! It wasn't that long ago I caught my first slot red so I know what a rush it is. I haven't caught many to date, I would say under 10 (if I don't count fishing at the redfish farm in Bacliff before it was shut down) but I still get that same rush every time I hook up wih one!
(for the longest time I thought they were mythical creatures like the Unicorn) LOL
Congrats again, and I can't wait to see the pics! (always check your drag beore the cast too) I too have learned that lesson the hard way. :wink:

Kay
davewave12

Post by davewave12 »

Congrat on the fish I caught my first slot reds-two in one trip- this past Sept. from my Kayak in the SLP/Cold Pass area.
Mrz_Tarpon_Tamer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Mrz_Tarpon_Tamer »

Congrats! Nothing like the first redfish...especially from the yak.
SafetyHooker
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: Phoenix, AZ <'))))>°{ RGV, Arroyo City. Make it a Great day!

Post by SafetyHooker »

coolio