GISP fishing report 10/9/2021

bigcorvina

GISP fishing report 10/9/2021

Post by bigcorvina »

Three kayaks ... there at opening 7 AM ... no real fish caught by anyone. Water was very calm, and it was a beautiful day, but there were no material fish caught. 1 rat red, ~ 3 medium croaker, ~ 5 grunts, ~10 small catfish. Nice day, but a lousy day for fishing the bay at GISP. Also, they have modified the access area so all kayaks need to be carried over this short boardwalk.
Tenore

Re: GISP fishing report 10/9/2021

Post by Tenore »

Yes, I dislike those boardwalks. Instead, try the far west launch at Jenkins bayou (photo). Less people know about this. You can drive to the water’s edge, unpack and then move the car to the nearby parking area. There usually is a lot of bait fish action on that side of the park. If the marshes are not producing, then try going to the Jamaica Beach canals and/or the jetties for deeper water.
Attachments
32FE1A01-7AF5-4F6A-92EA-1D257C6B6354.jpeg
Rob R

Re: GISP fishing report 10/9/2021

Post by Rob R »

bigcorvina wrote:Three kayaks ... there at opening 7 AM ... no real fish caught by anyone. Water was very calm, and it was a beautiful day, but there were no material fish caught. 1 rat red, ~ 3 medium croaker, ~ 5 grunts, ~10 small catfish. Nice day, but a lousy day for fishing the bay at GISP. Also, they have modified the access area so all kayaks need to be carried over this short boardwalk.
I was there in the middle of September and caught one speck just under keeper length and nothing else. Got a lot of hits but it was all small stuff. I launched from the west side of the park. I was staying at a townhome right on Lake Como. The fishing was slow even though I was fishing the channels into the lake.