Not sea isle

Asherb79

Not sea isle

Post by Asherb79 »

So unbeknownst to me you must be a resident or know someone to launch at sea isle so me and my friend ended up launching at eckert bayou and fishing lake como and surrounding lights last night. Saw plenty of large trout early but they weren’t feeding yet. Finally the bite turned on but it was mostly sink specs with a barely legal here and there. My goal was redfish but didn’t see a single one. On the way back to the launch we anchored up at some very bright overhead lights and just smashed sink sandies and specs for an hour. Fun but of course a limit of red would have been better. Launched at 8:45 and off the water at 3:00.
YakRunabout

Re: Not sea isle

Post by YakRunabout »

Thanks for the report - Congrats on getting out and making adjustments to get on the water.

Am curious - did someone at the Sea Isle ramp ask you to move on?
Asherb79

Post by Asherb79 »

My friend showed up first and saw signs posted and said there was a chain across the ramp. I never got there because we decided to go somewhere else. Do people launch there anyways?
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

Asherb79 wrote:My friend showed up first and saw signs posted and said there was a chain across the ramp. I never got there because we decided to go somewhere else. Do people launch there anyways?
I've only done it about 50 times over the last 7-8 years and never had a problem. Just lift the yak over the chain if it's up. Granted, I do have multiple connections with properties in Sea Isle all of whom have said if ever an issue just say I am their guest so if I was ever questioned I could easily state that I am visiting A or B at address A or B and that launching at the marina is easier than launching off of their dock. But in 7-8 years not a single person has asked me. Maybe because I also visit the store in the marina if it's open, or eat at the restaurant and contribute to the Sea Isle economy. I am also very, very good about not disturbing the residents, don't fish lights if the land-based occupants are fishing them, and generally try to strike up conversation if the land-based person is willing. 9/10 they ask how the fishing is going, will comment on how peaceful kayaking looks, and wish us luck. I think as long as we don't abuse it, no one minds too much. Heck, I've had folks offer to let me tie up to their dock, others tell me they are going to bed but they'll leave the light on for us, and one guy offered my son the rest of his live shrimp after he and his son finished fishing.