New Kayak and a nice bass

imaoldmanyoungsalt

New Kayak and a nice bass

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

I ordered a new Old Town Predator PDL the 1st week of April and it finally arrived Wednesday morning. I've been anxiously waiting for this thing to get here ever since I test drove my buddies back in April and fell in love with it.
Per the text I received from the shipping company it was supposed to arrive Wednesday afternoon between 4-8pm with a call from them 30 min before delivery. Since I had most of the day to kill my buddy Josh and I went to Lake Bridgeport with his Predator and my HooDoo to fish the morning and early afternoon. We arrived around 0700 at the ramp and started fishing about 0730. The bite was on and we both caught several fish, mostly dinks but a few nice fish to about about 2 lbs mixed in here and there. About 0830 we notice some nasty looking storm clouds forming on the horizon and saw they were coming our way and fast. We also noticed a lot of PB's running full bore toward the ramp so we decided to head in as well. By the time we loaded up it was pouring down so we called it a day and headed home. When I pulled in my driveway my new kayak was already there sitting in the driveway in the pouring rain. It was wrapped well so no harm done and it is designed to get wet anyway, right? Besides I was glad to have it early. Now I could start getting it rigged to fish the next day.

So all rigged up, off I went to the same ramp Thursday morning to meet my buddy, Josh and pick up where we left off the day before but this time I would be in my new Predator. The fish were still biting and the weather was perfect. Light wind, in the 70's, and mostly cloudy all day. We primarily fish for bass but we were catching largemouth, crappie, drum, and sand bass. Everything seemed to be biting and biting well. I topped the day off with a 6.89lb largemouth. I love the new kayak almost as much as the fish it catches!
Screenshot_20210604-141331_Gallery.jpg
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: New Kayak and a nice bass

Post by Ron Mc »

Honking bass, and we know why this man is smiling.

Looks like a perfect bass boat, and definitely the best use of pedal drive. Congrats on your new toy.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Re: RE: Re: New Kayak and a nice bass

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

Ron Mc wrote:Honking bass, and we know why this man is smiling.

Looks like a perfect bass boat, and definitely the best use of pedal drive. Congrats on your new toy.
Thanks Ron. It is a perfect platform for most of the fishing I do up here in N Texas. Stable enough to stand in, something I never imagined myself doing at my age and now somewhat limited balance. But I can stand in fairly calm waters and feel perfectly safe. Now missing a hookset or bumping an underwater stump may change my mind on that, only time will tell!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Great report and congrats on your new Old Town kayak. You christened it well with that big largemouth bass.

My biggest bass was about one pound less, but it fought like a 9-lb Speckled Trout. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
robin-bobin-fisher

Post by robin-bobin-fisher »

Great kayak, good catch. Please accept my congratulations!