Moses Lake - January

YakRunabout

Moses Lake - January

Post by YakRunabout »

OK – so hungry for fishing reports?
Late last month we went out to Moses lake one afternoon to see what we could find. We launched in the afternoon into temps in the upper 50’s. Tide was headed out but not too strong. We headed north, going slowly, trolling, casting. Mike caught a trout and a couple of flounder while trolling in 4-5’ of water. I had nothing while trolling some, casting to points, to drop-offs and deep water.
Finally, I headed to the marsh to see if there was any outgoing flow and was glad to see there was, at least a bit! One side was occupied by another kayak, so I moved across the opening, casting along the way, then hooked into a flounder at the point on the other side. While dealing with that guy I drifted out, so I fished my way back up and hooked into another flounder, again at the point at the mouth. These were 14” and 15” but I let them go. I even forgot to get a pic!
So, then we had a bite to eat, put on the 360 light and strapped the headlights on and headed for the lights action. OK, not much action. Did not see any fish, tho there was some bait fish. I did catch a small trout at one that must have come from deeper.
A bit later at some other lights, just as we were talking about heading in, I catch an 18.5” trout! Followed shortly by an 18” red! So, action after all! Mike then hooked into a couple of small specs and a red. Soon this action died down and we headed on in.
The only pics I got were of these big American White Pelicans!
Fish On!!
Stay tuned - - -
Attachments
IMG_0523.JPG
IMG_0524.JPG
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Moses Lake - January

Post by Ron Mc »

hey, that's a great report - we'll take it 8)
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

Fun outing so thanks for posting Ken. Caught a few....so it was fun....but it was cold!
Getz-Some55

Post by Getz-Some55 »

Thanks for posting! I fished about this time on the northern side of the lake near the gate. According to my sonar, there were fish in those deep holes, but none seemed interested in my lures.
YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

there were fish in those deep holes
I fished the edges of the deep holes, sort of working the drop offs, but nothing there. I did not let anything settle into the deep spots. The ones I caught were shallow, moving water.
Mike's were in fairly deep, but not the deepest that it gets.
It is an interesting area with many different environments!
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Thanks for the detailed fishing report, YakRun!

But you fished "late last month?" Does that mean late January? Are the fishing conditions of a month ago relevant to the patterns we would encounter today?

I get thrilled by fishing reports less than a few days old, like I post, usually the day of my trip.

Hate to state the obvious, but next time consider posting when you fish. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

I see –
So, you complain about the lack of fishing reports, then you bitch about a fishing report!
I was not going to report on that outing, at that late date, but it sounded like you wanted anything! I did not know of your limiting criteria.

It seems that there are a lot of ‘lurkers’ on the site, many of whom may be inclined to post reports. Perhaps more fishing reports would be posted if the judgmental comments were eliminated -
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

YakRunabout wrote:I see –
So, you complain about the lack of fishing reports, then you bitch about a fishing report!
I was not going to report on that outing, at that late date, but it sounded like you wanted anything! I did not know of your limiting criteria.

It seems that there are a lot of ‘lurkers’ on the site, many of whom may be inclined to post reports. Perhaps more fishing reports would be posted if the judgmental comments were eliminated -
Agree
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Both of you wimps can bite me.

Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Hahaha... LOL
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Funny how two Kung Fu Black Belts adds to a person's credibility.

kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

:lol: Getting kinda warm in here. :lol:
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

Dandydon wrote:Funny how two Kung Fu Black Belts adds to a person's credibility.

Mash Potatos and pickles! There I did it to. I have no idea what you said above means, and I really don't care.

Calling us wimps? That's kinda funny coming from someone who was so critical of this mans fishing report. One of which I enjoyed no matter when it occurred. Is this your forum now? Are you making up the rules to post? I have seen many many times in the past you constantly insulting a member because you do not like their style, or anything really. It is a wonder anyone wants to post anything on here anymore.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

I know you are YakRun's butt buddy and got your feelings hurt when I pointed out the obvious stale nature of your old fishing report. Nobody cares about month-old reports describing no keepers caught.

You need to grow up and recognize we're all just trying to share good fishing information so we can have fun and catch more fish.

Yeah, I'm a Kung Fu fighter who has criticized a few yahoos on this website who write stupid stuff. That's my right. And I'll continue to voice my opinion despite negative comments from wimpy little whiners like you.

Bite me, again.

YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

There are many folks who post regularly to this site who have been silent on this thread. Does you silence mean that you condone the type of juvenile posts that DD spews forth? This website obviously allows wide latitude in the content of the posts. It seems to me that it is up to the user group to apply standards, if any, to the posts and the interaction between individuals. These types of posts from DD have previously run off CJ, who posted some of the most entertaining reports that I have ever seen here, and who know how many others who used to post or who thought of posting.
Perhaps as a group we can push DD back across that line that he so frequently crosses? Or, remain silent - - -
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

I don't usually choose sides on something that doesn't involve me. Silence sometimes means that others have just moved on from something that has no value to them. That's how I see this type of post. "what's the value to me in getting involved?" I'm not easily offended and so normally would not let someone "run me off" from anything. Being offended is a choice we make. I try not to make that choice. I look at things at face value. If someone says something directly to me that touches a nerve, I look at the source and decide if it has meaning or is it just their ignorance. If the former, I will measure the value and go from there. If the latter, then I just move on. Silence, or no response is sometimes the best way to get rid of someone that annoys you. I did enjoy your report. The rest of this has not really been of any use. I did see an opportunity here to maybe share some my "life wisdom" if anyone is interested or thinks it's useful. If not, ignore and move on. :D
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

I apologize for being an Alpha Male who defends himself from whiny little wimps who post stale fishing reports. Tried to make that point, but the butt-hurt members like YakRunt keep yapping.

Thank God I have better things to do than continuing this stupid stale TKF thread. After this post, I'm out.

But in conclusion, I hope to see both of you at some launch-ramp soon. Then we'd find out how brave you runts are in person.

mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

YakRunabout wrote:There are many folks who post regularly to this site who have been silent on this thread. Does you silence mean that you condone the type of juvenile posts that DD spews forth? This website obviously allows wide latitude in the content of the posts. It seems to me that it is up to the user group to apply standards, if any, to the posts and the interaction between individuals. These types of posts from DD have previously run off CJ, who posted some of the most entertaining reports that I have ever seen here, and who know how many others who used to post or who thought of posting.
Perhaps as a group we can push DD back across that line that he so frequently crosses? Or, remain silent - - -
Curious if I am one of those you are referencing or calling out? It could just be that we are not retired as you are and have jobs, families, etc., and just lack the time to respond. Having read the posts in this thread now, no, I don't condone juvenile posts, but nor would I sanction them (save the last post by DD that does strike me as a bit overboard). But as a previous poster noted, silence doesn't necessarily mean acquiescence, it just means I have better things to do than stick my nose into something that really doesn't concern me. Yes, this is my board too as much as it is all of ours, and I'd prefer it to be a happy place where all feel welcome to post their reports, regardless of when they fished or what they caught. I actually find those posts as useful as current reports because I don't use the reports to decide if I need to jump up and go fishing because ABC fisherman just caught a limit at wherever. I add the information from the report to my database of knowledge for future reference, whenever the need to recall that information may be. That said, DD isn't a bad guy as I have fished with him several times as anyone who reads my posts would know.
CAS

Post by CAS »

I would think a fish off would make more sense than an actual fight... not that I wouldn't want to see both... :horse: :horse:
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

CAS wrote:I would think a fish off would make more sense than an actual fight... not that I wouldn't want to see both... :horse: :horse:
That is funny!
Attachments
kung-fu-panda.jpg
kung-fu-panda.jpg (38.36 KiB) Viewed 9379 times
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

CAS wrote:I would think a fish off would make more sense than an actual fight... not that I wouldn't want to see both... :horse: :horse:
Now you're talking. How about a Fisherman's Olympics? Knot tying contest, casting accuracy and distance, a fish ID contest...the ideas are limitless. I am more active on the board today because the courthouse is closed due to the water main break.
YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

Thanks, Guys!
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

I haven't posted in this thread because like Mr. Watson, I don't usually make it my business to poke my nose into a squabble that does not directly concern me. Unless someone pays my hourly rate for me to get involved (because that's my job) or unless some nimrod is using poor grammar (because for whatever reason, I feel compelled to call it out).

I think the best example of someone getting "run off" the board was The Old Man T beat down for talking crap about Scott Null. Too bad Ms. Addicted deleted some of the posts. They were epic.
http://texaskayakfisherman.com/forum/vi ... 1#p1807711
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

I miss about 3/4 of whatever goes on here. I have seen over the years various members getting into it, but the why mostly has escaped my comprehension. Maybe I need to pay more attention to what’s going on. Or maybe it’s better not knowing the genesis of every public animosity shared on TKF. I’ve gotten into my own lively debates on various ideas. Some people rub other people the wrong way, that’s just life. Two people that share different seemingly conflicting and divergent opinions and ideas can both be right. It is possible.

If someone offends you, there’s several potential ways to deal with it. You can retreat from the field of battle. Sometimes, that might be the best course of action. Some battles aren’t even worth the time and trouble. You can shrug it off, ignore any provocation, sort of be thick skinned about it and just move on to other topics and ideas as if there wasn’t anything offensive stated. That’s not necessarily a bad idea. It’s not a fight until you make it one, two to tango, so to speak. Or get in there and give as good as you get. Mix it up and see if you can take down your antagonist or die trying. Get in some good blows and learn to take a punch or two. It’s better going into a scrape knowing you have the winning hand, but things pop up that you might not have accounted for and then you might have to think on your feet. Nothing wrong with a graceful retreat. Can’t win them all. Take a little beating and just move on.

Some thrive on conflict and others are paralyzed by it. If you are engaged in life, there will be conflict, it’s unavoidable. I choose to manage it. It can be sort of a drug, conflict, and give some big adrenaline highs, but it can get real toxic too. Retreat, ignore or engage. Pick your fights. Have some hills that you want to keep, let others go, that is my advice.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Well said, Karstopo.