Trout, trout, trout, trout . . .

YakRunabout

Trout, trout, trout, trout . . .

Post by YakRunabout »

Launched in the dark for some lights fishing, then headed out to fish some drains and channel deeps.

A bit cooler than anticipated at low-mid 50’s. Water temp a bit under 60. Tide forecast was for a long, slow drop of more than a foot through the morning. A big bite window was around sunrise with the moon straight up.

Lights action was not real strong but was there. At one light I watched my lure pass through the lighted area, a trout came up from below, slurped it in and headed back down. He ended up in my boat as my biggest of the day at 18”. There were some big fish in some lights, they looked, but they did not want what I offered.

The trout were biting all morning. The bite was pretty soft early on with often not much of a bump, more of an increase in the weight on the retrieve. I generally worked the lure slowly, allowing it to drop toward the bottom in the deeper areas of the channel. Then there would be the weight on and I would bring in a fish – generally a trout, though I did catch a handful each of flounder and rat reds. At one time later in the morning, I cast out, felt some weight, gave some steady pull and no movement. OK, oyster hookups were common, so keeping a taut line I approached the assumed snag to pull it out from the other side. As I got near the line starts moving! And I find a 16” flounder on the end!

All in all and enjoyable, active outing. No big fish but lots of them, especially trout! I ended the day with a limit of trout and of flounder. Weather was great, cool in the AM then quickly warmed up. I was shedding layers as the morning went on.
Funny – last week I had all reds with the one black drum, this week mostly trout! The main lure both weeks was the same 5” jerk shad!

Enjoy your next outing, and hope it is soon!!
Attachments
PB191035.JPG
PB191036.JPG
PB191044.JPG
YakRunabout

Re: Trout, trout, trout, trout . . .

Post by YakRunabout »

A couple of individual -
Attachments
PB191041.JPG
PB191039.JPG
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Pretty fish, very nice. Thanks for the share.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

got some great fish and great photos for your effort
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

Good job on the catch and nice pictures. Between this report and the one Dandydon posted yesterday, I think I need to get out and get my share soon before you guys catch them all.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

I second that emotion from Hobie crewman Watson! YakRun & I are keeping the home waters BURNING! Nice detailed fishing report, YakRun. You captured some delicious salty essence in your purple prose.
These fishing reports are more than about fishing, men. They are the passion diaries of our lives.
Yessir. Listen to your elders! Learn stuff!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
jgsatx

Post by jgsatx »

Nice photos