just past Red Dot Pier, didn't look good. 11/02/2019

F.O.C.
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

just past Red Dot Pier, didn't look good. 11/02/2019

Post by F.O.C. »

Fishing forecast said no, the wind wasn't right, and I was tired but I made it out and caught a few.
Got to the launch at 3am and found the wind higher than expected. I decided to wade a few hundred yards rather than launch the kayak. No luck. Went home and slept for a few hours, then went back just before sunrise.
Wind was still a little high but a 20 inch red, 17 inch trout, and an est 20 inch flounder, helped me forget about the wind. I guess I cant call it a slam because I could not get the flounder in the boat. Didn't have a net and it kept its mouth shut so I couldn't use the grippers. After trying to grab it, grip it, and lift it, the hook came out and it swam next to the kayak for a few seconds before disappearing under the boat. Caught a few more dinks before calling it a day.

The water was clear in some areas and a little cloudy in others. Flat water along the road but little chop about 50 yards out. Sunny skies, cool temps. My lure of choice was the same from the previous red dot trips. trout killer. No sock so drifting was pretty quick. Fished out of the frenzy and the red pulled me like a float. :D
Attachments
20191102_075748_resized.jpg
20191102_075627_resized.jpg
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: just past Red Dot Pier, didn't look good. 11/02/2019

Post by shoffer »

Thanks for the report.

My first ever kayak fishing experience was in an Ocean Kayak Frenzy 9 footer. Super light and easy to move around - perfect for little trips where you don't need any gear, like in a little bass pond.
niswanger

Post by niswanger »

Where's this "Red Dot Pier"? Heading to Port Aransas this weekend. Fingers crossed weather cooperates.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

niswanger wrote:Where's this "Red Dot Pier"? Heading to Port Aransas this weekend. Fingers crossed weather cooperates.
It's on the causeway after you pass through Flour Bluff.

http://reddotpier.com/

Saturday morning (at least right now) doesn't look great. Sunday afternoon looks to be the best part of the weekend.