Simple fishing report on Redfish

Tombo

Simple fishing report on Redfish

Post by Tombo »

Passed up an opportunity to fish a Redfish contest, but I was curious as to what might have been. The contest was two days long and I could not commit but one.
Paddle to a shoreline before I got into my shallow lake. What I saw was a couple schools of reds feeding along the shore pinning shrimp against the bank. There were a lot of shrimp, could here them tapping the bottom of my kayak. Landed a Redfish found cruising the grass shoreline. This Red went a fat 27.5", perfect tournament catch.
Paddled into my main spot, the shallow lake. Not one Redfish to be seen, nothing. Go figure. Returned to said shoreline only to catch a couple Rat Reds. Crossed the bay to the opposite shoreline but could not spook or find anything.
This trip was more of an exploration to keep up with Redfish habits. If I had entered the contest, I would not have left fish to find fish.
Off the water by 10:30, just in time to take a shower and a power nap.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Simple fishing report on Redfish

Post by Ron Mc »

great report Tom
"schools of reds" - it's only going to get better for the next 8 weeks.
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Nice, thanks for the scouting report. Tournament fishing is okay, but I like it better not having any particular agenda while out on the water. Freedom to scout, leave fish to find fish, or just paddle around to see what’s shaking. Can’t wait to get out in the kayak once again, I’ve been one time this summer. That must change.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Never leave fish to find fish... so so true.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of tournament fishing either. I'd rather just go do my own thing and enjoy the time on the water.