Fishing the LLM

BlessedAngler

Fishing the LLM

Post by BlessedAngler »

Not a yak report but Holly Beach is accessible with a kayak. Took a trip to Holly Beach and Cullen Bay. This was a few days ago and it was extremely windy. We stopped at Holly Beach on our way to Cullen Bay after spotting a few slicks. We managed a slot red on live shrimp (Angel Jr.'s first) and 2 trouts (Grasswalkers) before a shark showed up and I assumed spooked what was in the area. First, time I had seen a shark that big out there. We ended moving to Cullen Bay and managed several undersized trout and my first red (26") on the latest color Grasswalker Red/White tail. We headed in early when they called my friend's son to go in to work unexpectedly. We were fishing 1.5 -3 ft of water. Here is a link to the video if the trip. Hope you all enjoy. God Bless

https://youtu.be/uEcSuBJ4BiE
Attachments
IMG_0870.jpg
First redfish_ 1 (00.05.10.143).png
Angel's First Redfish_ 4 (00.02.42.595).png
Cityfisher

Re: Fishing the LLM

Post by Cityfisher »

Nice fish and I enjoyed the video!
I really like how you showed your retrieves and how you were working the lure before you got bit. ( I like watching how others work the lures and try to learn from it.)
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

We've fished the SP summer, but early morning and sunset, with massive meals and siesta in between.
I keep following Laguna Atascosa NWR, hoping they'll open the roads and give us access to Rattlesnake Bay, Rialitos, and Stover Cove, but latest word on the website is road improvements (for the ocelots) suspended indefinitely.
BlessedAngler

Post by BlessedAngler »

Cityfisher wrote:Nice fish and I enjoyed the video!
I really like how you showed your retrieves and how you were working the lure before you got bit. ( I like watching how others work the lures and try to learn from it.)
I try doing the same thing. I have learned some techniques/tactics by watching what others do and applying them. Thanks for watching.
BlessedAngler

Post by BlessedAngler »

Ron Mc wrote:We've fished the SP summer, but early morning and sunset, with massive meals and siesta in between.
I keep following Laguna Atascosa NWR, hoping they'll open the roads and give us access to Rattlesnake Bay, Rialitos, and Stover Cove, but latest word on the website is road improvements (for the ocelots) suspended indefinitely.
I did see a construction crew a few days ago out there. Don't know exactly what they were working on. Hopefully they started up and just have updated their website. Anyways, the sun can be brutal and for the most part the fishing in the shallow flats tends to be better early morning or late afternoon. Might be the heat, the boat traffic, or a combination of both.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

Good work, you've been killing it lately man. Supper cool to see you're doing well.