Ernie's Bait Barn

AustinWader

Ernie's Bait Barn

Post by AustinWader »

Lots of fish activity, caught 3 trout and a flounder. Caught one on a swimming fluke and all other ones were on a mirrodine.
Then the tide movement stopped and the bites stopped. Outgoing tide. Biggest trout 19 inch, Flounder was 18 inches(Somehow I caught it on a Mirrodine, not jig). A Kayaker took 5 keeper trout on live shrimp.

I have a question: When people tell me to fish the boat channel here, how deep is the channel they are talking about? I didn't find anywhere that's more than waist deep. Are they talking about the area near the PVC pipes? It seemed a bit deeper in that area. Thanks and I appreciate all information.
Cityfisher

Re: Ernie's Bait Barn

Post by Cityfisher »

Yes, the pvc pipes marks the channel. I think it gets deeper the further to the right you go. I was there Saturday and Sunday. Saw a few waders out at the pvc pipes also. My buddy was on a paddleboard and I was on my feelfree lure kayak. We caught a ton of fish. Reds, flounder and whiting mainly all on dead shrimp. All were undersized though.
jgg696

Post by jgg696 »

AustinWader wrote:Lots of fish activity, caught 3 trout and a flounder. Caught one on a swimming fluke and all other ones were on a mirrodine.
Then the tide movement stopped and the bites stopped. Outgoing tide. Biggest trout 19 inch, Flounder was 18 inches(Somehow I caught it on a Mirrodine, not jig). A Kayaker took 5 keeper trout on live shrimp.

I have a question: When people tell me to fish the boat channel here, how deep is the channel they are talking about? I didn't find anywhere that's more than waist deep. Are they talking about the area near the PVC pipes? It seemed a bit deeper in that area. Thanks and I appreciate all information.
Nice! what color mirrordine were you using?
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TroutSupport.com »

yeah, there used to be some good oyster there at the end around the pvc. the channel does get deeper the further east you go. I don't think you need to be fishing terribly deep right now, even after this cold snap. Just focus on fishing those guts coming out of that channel where the the pipes are, but also there are usually some fish along the drop off just off the sand ridge that runs along the south shoreline about 200 yards off the shore.