Pig caught on TSL Grasswalker

BlessedAngler

Pig caught on TSL Grasswalker

Post by BlessedAngler »

Not a kayak report, more of a shout out to these lures. Second time using them and have caught some nice fish on them. Took a quick late afternoon trip to Holly Beach, TX with my oldest son. We were only out for a little over an hour and wanted to head in before sunset. First spot we stopped at had some slicks but we could tell they were old because of their size and there was hardly any current or wind. Figured it was worth a shot but did not have any success. At our next stop we started seeing mud boils and sure enough that's where they were at. Lost one because I couldn't manage to get a good hook set. Managed to land 2 reds. An undersized 19 1/2" and the fattest 27 1/4" red I have ever caught. He wasn't the biggest I have caught but for it's size it was the fattest. Since our relatives have taken what fish I had in my freezer over the holidays I had him on my stringer. Took a look at him as we started to head in and decided he was too "pretty" of a fish to end up as a fillet and we released him. Reds were caught on a TSL GrassWalker rigged weedless in about 1.5 ft of water. Got a link to the video of our quick trip and for those of you who don't know what a mud boil looks like I point it out in the video. Hopefully, you can learn to recognize them and help you catch more fish. Enjoy and please subscribe. Be safe out in the water and God Bless.

https://youtu.be/Uk-O0ngkyM0
Attachments
IMG_5111.jpeg
GH021943_ 2 (00.00.20.366).png
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Pig caught on TSL Grasswalker

Post by Dandydon »

Good job! I love to get pulled around in a kayak by a big Redfish. Prefer to eat smaller ones, though. Thank God for reds when the specks ain't around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
niswanger

Post by niswanger »

Nice Red! Man I wish I lived closer to the Gulf :(
KingO'Dinks
Location: Motorized OK Trident/Manta Ray/Center console/Austin/Seadrift

Post by KingO'Dinks »

3hrs 15 min from Round Rock, in Texas, that's right down the street. :D
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

redfish don't give up when they're chasing TSL grasswalkers.
Pulled the lure out of my last big red on a set attempt, and he still followed it to the boat, missed it a 2nd try, and ate it on the 3rd try.

King, you're going to have to add 2 more hours to get to BA's house.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

That red has huge gut, would have been interesting to see what was inside her belly. It's amazing how gluttonous fish can get.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

people on corpusfishing have been posting trout with engorged guts, as well.
I think they're still eating like summer, but their metabolism and digestion has slowed.
And all OK, it will give them a growth spurt.