Spring Time Frogging

Tlump10

Spring Time Frogging

Post by Tlump10 »

Hello everyone. It has been a while since I have posted. I recently retired form teaching and coaching for 38 years. I have started an outdoor blog and hope to share some outdoor adventures with you. Check it out at legacy-outdoors.net.
Here is a video from a recent post from Sheldon Reservoir last spring. I was fishing the thick stuff using spro and ribbit frogs.
https://vimeo.com/304683918
Hope you enjoy. Have a great 2019!
Tim
Cityfisher

Re: Spring Time Frogging

Post by Cityfisher »

Enjoyed the video and nice bass! I've only ever been there in a john boat and am nervous about going by myself on a kayak. The gators would make me nervous going alone! lol
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Nice fish and video. I thought it was going to be about catching bullfrogs. Looks like a good place for fly fishing a deer hair bug or diver.

I wonder if there’s any gator control program going on there? Gators that get periodically hunted seem to be a little more shy and non-threatening. Gators that are used to people and get fed by them can be pretty obnoxious.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Thanks for sharing. I like that place, but the reports of car burglaries at the launch have kept me away for years. I wish I could go there more, but I'd rather drive to other places rather than risk the bashed in window.
NativeSon

Post by NativeSon »

Last time I was there, there was an SUV at the boat ramp with its rear window in pieces littering the ground.
There are quite a few places I won't fish because of the break-in factor, I think if it happened to me I'd go ballistic.
It's a real shame that thoughtless parasites can prevent others in the enjoyment of a place.