First Time fishing with TSL in Mexiquita Flats

BlessedAngler

First Time fishing with TSL in Mexiquita Flats

Post by BlessedAngler »

Not a kayak report but the area is accessible to kayaks. This report is from the day after Christmas. My brother came down with his family for the holidays, so we decided to go fishing just like old times. The wind was pretty rough 25+mph, but it had been about two years since we fished together, so we tried to make the best of it. We started in South Bay but after a while of not getting any bites we decided to move to Mexiquita Flats. On our first drift my brother hooked a 27" red which was his personal best on a Johnson Gold Spoon Weedless 1/4 oz. We were going to go back and drift the same area since we had spooked about 3-4 decent size reds as we drifted but the tide was dropping and I didn't feel like getting stuck. We moved to the edge of the east side of Mexiquita and drifted there. I had been throwing a TSL grasswalker in Chicken on Chain color with no success. I know the wind was strong but I was still impressed with the distance I was getting and could tell it will cast well even on calm days. Anyways, as with any lure, I believe there is a learning curve and I was literally in the middle of telling my brother, "I am going to change my lure because I have been fishing" and before I could finish the rest of my sentence I had a 24" trout on. Made another quick drift and my brother picked up and undersized red on a Gold spoon and I picked up a 21" red on the TSL Grasswalker. After this we called it a day and headed back in. I will definitely be throwing the TSL Grasswalker again. We were fishing in about 2-3 ft of water on the east side and about 1 ft of water on the west side of Mexiquita Flats. Got a link to a video of our trip. Hope you enjoy and please subscribe. Be safe and God Bless.

https://youtu.be/jeVxjmMPZxM
Attachments
GOPR1848.JPG
GOPR1842.JPG
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: First Time fishing with TSL in Mexiquita Flats

Post by Ron Mc »

another great report from down south.
Trout Support lures are just more fun to fish than any other.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: First Time fishing with TSL in Mexiquita Flats

Post by shoffer »

Thanks for the report and information.