Cold water And big stringer.

Gage5602

Cold water And big stringer.

Post by Gage5602 »

i went to one of my spots to wade in upper galveston bay mixed shell and mud and end up with a big stringer from 3 to 5;30 i was on fish black drum,redfish,and speckled trout.popping cork and live shrimp from the gas station that sells live shrimp in on the pasadena side of the kemah bridge.using a rattling cork and a trouble hook. here is the results.
Attachments
IMG_0546.jpg
IMG_0546.jpg (53.16 KiB) Viewed 3165 times
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Cold water And big stringer.

Post by Ron Mc »

that's a lot of good eats - great day
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Great haul of fish for the day!!! Well done!
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Big shoulders on those redfish. Seems like the black drum I run into are either really huge or kind of small, not many of those middle slot sized ones. I haven’t had much luck with the black drum I’ve kept. Seems like they’ve been extra wormy. I toss back whatever slot sized ones I get.

I like having a little extra fish around this time of year. Seems like there’s extra people in the house to feed.

Nice haul.
DUKFVR

Post by DUKFVR »

Congrats on a Grea trip!
Gage5602

Post by Gage5602 »

karstopo we Ate the black Drum 1 week ago recipe oven at 350 for 10 minutes.
ingredients : tonys seasoning ,4 big limes not lemons.,1/2 of stick of butter.,4 nice fillets.,Green beans and whole mixed colored potatoes. Recipe time 20 minutes total. First we sliced our fresh green beans and put them over the stove with a little butter and tonys then we threw in the crushed almonds. let it cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat Then squeeze half a lime and a little bit of garlic salt and turn the fire down as low a it goes just to keep the beans warm.Put the tiny mixed potatoes on with a pinch of butter and a little tonys and garlic salt. let cook for 10 minutes Remember the fish only take 10 minutes to cook so dont over cook them if you have not already done so cut the blood line and feel for pin bones to pull out
.place fish in medium oven pan/cookie sheet and preheat for 350 place fillets in pan with a generous amount of butter then put tonys seasoning on and drench them with lime juice. in 10 minutes you will be ready to serve. The black drum we cooked had to be some of the best fish ive eaten in a very long time i would compare the taste of these drum to snapper.The best eating ones we found were the 17 to 21 inch fish. my rating on the flavor on the drum would be 9 out of 10 and the redfish would be a 8 1/2 0f q0 Hopes this helps and always Tightlines.
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Love fish cooked in the oven. Recipe sounds good. When and if I get a black drum that size, I’ll have to give it a go.