Weekend to Remember

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Weekend to Remember

Post by TroutSupport.com »

one of my customers sent me all these photos and some video clips through IM. Justin Styles in Corpus; he fishes out of a kayak from Nueces to Estes flats and also helps a lot with Heroes on the Water events. Good Guy.

He's been killing it the last two days on the flats.

Pattern = nothing crazy new, shallow grass flats less than 2' of water with sand pockets; a little scattered shell here or there... looking for bait and hunting hard.

All his fish were caught on the TroutSupport GrassWalker in BirthDay Suit https://troutsupport.com/product/trout-support-lure/ (recently released color that is a little 'nakie' mullet LOL... "Fish don't know it's not mullet" - First one to say where I've contrived that statement from wins a pack of Birthday Suit on me.
It's not time to put up these baits yet, plenty of grass still floating and there will be until mid to late December. It's a right tool for the job sort of thing; it's the 60 degree sand / lob wedge in your golf bag.

Ignore the two solid black images, some remnant of the trout and red photo.
Attachments
IMG_3930.PNG
IMG_3931.PNG
IMG_3929.PNG
IMG_3932.PNG
Last edited by TroutSupport.com on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Weekend to Remember

more
Attachments
IMG_3917.JPG
IMG_3914.JPG
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Well done! The link is 404 on the birthday suit link above is 404'ed.
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Thanks Charlie, it was a typo in this post. Ya'll have fun!!!
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

Hey, Tobin! I've used your Bone Diamond Grasswalker with some success. Always rigged weedless, like your ad videos show. I'm gonna get some of the Birthday Suit lures to try. When I buy live finger mullet, I put my hook through the bottom lip and out through the top lip. Do you think that would work on your lures as well as it does on live mullet? I have a sail line rig and have been catching big reds with live mullet rigged that way in Copano and Port Bays.
I've never had a bite on the Chicken on a Chain(?) color Grasswalker. Everyone else seems to catch with them.
Thanks. TexasJim
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

TexasJim wrote:Hey, Tobin! I've used your Bone Diamond Grasswalker with some success. Always rigged weedless, like your ad videos show. I'm gonna get some of the Birthday Suit lures to try. When I buy live finger mullet, I put my hook through the bottom lip and out through the top lip. Do you think that would work on your lures as well as it does on live mullet? I have a sail line rig and have been catching big reds with live mullet rigged that way in Copano and Port Bays.
I've never had a bite on the Chicken on a Chain(?) color Grasswalker. Everyone else seems to catch with them.
Thanks. TexasJim
here's where Chicken on a Chain rules
where it becomes the blend color in water too clear - though BD suit works equally well here - Chicken was also my best result on Estes reds last month.
In the just slightly dirtier wind seam we were fishing along Green Is. two weeks ago, the darker-yet Golden Roach was my BIL's favorite color, and I was catching trout on BD suit right beside him - my dad and BIL also caught on Chicken here.
Something else I've noticed about TSL is that fish don't want to reject it, and will chase it down even if you pull it out of their mouth - it's like they don't associate the lure with the hook-up.