Settegast Road/Eckhert Bayou 10-30-18

Bradw693

Settegast Road/Eckhert Bayou 10-30-18

Post by Bradw693 »

I haven't posted on here nor went fishing in quite some time but work and life have been getting the best of me this last year. Started out with Hippos from buccess because it's just habit now and always gets the morning started on the right foot.

We launched around 0700 and went to the lake to the east and I worked the shorelines yielding 3 potato chip flounder all 12", hell I probably caught the same bastard 3 times. My buddy, went in a small drain on the south side of the lake and caught his first slot red with artificial right at 20.5 ".

It died down so I hit the bayou that runs into dalehite cove and miss a few small bites, which I reckon were flounder. No keepers for me today but damn it was nice just to be back on the water again. Still chasing that day where I limit out and fill a stringer after 4 years of kayak fishing but I'll get there one day....maybe. Headed home around 1100.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Settegast Road/Eckhert Bayou 10-30-18

Post by shoffer »

Lve me some Bucee’s tacos - hippos and rhinos are amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
crusher

Post by crusher »

Good that you got back out. Nice you posted up, too.
It sure seems like it should be fishy around some of that area but I've had no good results the couple times I've been round there. Next time out Brad, you'll get your elusive limit.
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

i always catch a nice spec trolling a cocahoe from the launch to the bayou towards dalehite... usually in front of the docks on the right, after launch