Buffalo Run Park & a skunk!

TxAquatics

Buffalo Run Park & a skunk!

Post by TxAquatics »

Wind and rain kept me off the saltwater yesterday. So I decided to rip some lips. Launched into buffalo run lake at 1130am. Slightly windy, however the trees protect you. I was throwing a strikeking 3.75 rage swimmer and zoom 10 inch worm Texas rigged. I paddled the shoreline tossing at nooks and crannies, nada, nothing... I was on a short trip, so I didn't go to all the lakes. Called it once rain wouldn't let up. Off the water my 2pm.
Nice to feel the yak on the water.
20180904_140538.jpg
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Buffalo Run Park & a skunk!

Post by shoffer »

I go there to test out kayak modifications since it is pretty close to my house. I have trolled shad imitation cranks in two lakes there and only managed a tiny bass on one. Using my fishfinder, I learned recently that the Main lake is 25 feet deep near the center; the secondary lake is from 3-10 feet, but I marked no fish while cruising both lakes to test out my trolling motor set up and battery life. It is good for a quick paddle and, like I said, to water test modifications to your kayak - I would not expect to catch many fish there.
TxAquatics

Re: Buffalo Run Park & a skunk!

Post by TxAquatics »

Thanks for the info, I don't use a navigation or fish finder on my kayak. I was wondering how deep the lake was. I did caught a nice 2 pounder the first time I went out last April.