Brazos Below PK

Coultersalmon

Brazos Below PK

Post by Coultersalmon »

Any reports from the brazos below PK in the last month? Going on a two night trip on thursday.
Thanks!
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Re: Brazos Below PK

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

My son and I went a few weeks ago but just made a short trip about 2 miles down river and back from hwy 16 bridge. We only went to check out the put in and see how much current there was since we've never been there before. Really just to get a "feel" for the river. We plan to do an overnighter from hwy 16 to hwy 4 either next month or next spring depending when we can get our schedules to align. The fishing was a little slow for us but we really don't know the river or patterns. Still managed to catch a few tho. It's a beautiful area and looking forward to going back. I fished PK a lot many years ago from a boat but never the river below it. I like it! Small crankbaits and texas rigged craw worms worked best for us. Did not see much baitfish. Tried several areas with a cast net to try some live bait but only picked up fingerling bass with it. I bet they would've been great bait but not worth the fine! Good luck to you and let us know how you do.ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
raybyrd81

Post by raybyrd81 »

It has been super slow for me down there lately, the water has been very low. Still floatable but some draggin required. Fishing has still been ok to good most days, small crankbaits, watermelon craws texas rigged, & Ned rig trds are what i have had luck on down there. Luckily the Palo Pinto Area has been receiving a large amount of rain this last week or so with a few more days of rain expected this week/weekend. so hopefully that should help the water level, flow, etc... i am going for a 3 day 2 night kayak campout in october, most days i just go paddle a couple miles upstream and then back. Good luck on the trip, really amazing place to spend a couple days.

Ray
Attachments
IMG-5937.JPG
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Re: RE: Brazos Below PK

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

Coultersalmon wrote:Any reports from the brazos below PK in the last month? Going on a two night trip on thursday.
Thanks!
Well, how was the trip? I'm curious because I may do the same trip next month.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
ccatfa

Post by ccatfa »

The Brazos River Authority has a lot of information on the water shed on their site. The following site contains links to the water flows in various section of the river. ( http://www.brazos.org/About-Us/Water-Le ... oir-Levels )