Bayou vista, pierce marsh.

Quackman

Bayou vista, pierce marsh.

Post by Quackman »

Me and the wife hit the water about 0930. Tide wasn’t doing much but had some movement. Fished the small marsh area just past the RR tracks on the left going out to Jones Bay. The wife picked up one 15” flounder and I caught small 18” red. Tide slowed so we moved west into Pierce Marsh. We’re still trying to learn the marsh and the tide was moving slow out in the main channel. After sometime back in there with no luck, we moved back out to where we were catching some fish. Tide was moving out and we picked up a 21” flounder and a 21” red along the grass edge in the marshy area across highland bayou from Pierce Marsh. Fished till about 1700 and called it. This is a new area to us but so far we’ve found fish each trip. Our home waters are Christmas bay and SLP area. Really like the pierce marsh area and hope to get into some reds back there soon.
IMG_2172.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quackman

Re: Bayou vista, pierce marsh.

Post by Quackman »

Sorry, forgot to include this was yesterday.

karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

Nice. Good times and nice fish. Never have I fished pierce marsh. It looks great on Google Earth.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

That is a very nice flounder...
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Good report! Thanks for sharing!
The flounder are starting to stage for the run soon by moving to the guts and channels into and out of the marshes. they will soon move to the passes. Now is the time to catch them in the marsh well.
TxAquatics

Post by TxAquatics »

Nice report! I've been wanting to kayak pierce marsh for some time.
What was the bait of choice real or lures??
Is it easy to get lost back there in the marsh?
Quackman

Post by Quackman »

No, it’s big but the houses at Bayou Vista keep you grounded. The crab tracks mark the deeper channels. Their a good reference. Bait of choose was artificial, bass assassin pumpkinseed with chart tail. Seemed to be the only thing they would hit.