Really tried super hard yesterday.... ;-)

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Really tried super hard yesterday.... ;-)

Post by TroutSupport.com »

caught a limit (plus) of redfish yesterday in Rockport in tough tough tough conditions. SW winds and dirty water ... winds were 12-15 to start then getting to solid 20. We were in a powered kayak... 24footer.. well maybe it wasn't kayak. ;-)

Anyway, man it's crazy how good wind driven current works for reds when there is a weak tide or no tide. Used exactly what's in our DVDs on that section... the Shallow Water Redfish DVD, if you have it and wonder what to do on SW winds... use it. Caught about 11 reds total between 18 and 25... no bruisers, but enough legal fish with some mid slots for a 2 man limit. Biggest was about 26".

I really tried to catch fish on topwaters, tried for like an hour. Tops yielded about 3 blowups from dink reds, all missed the hooks for a 0% hook up ratio on the top, .... me and my buddy (Captain Steven Gremillion) were both like, "I wish there was a weedless bait we could throw" LOL... of course we had to put on the TSL GrassWalker. Left it on the rest of the day and used Golden Roach and a new color due out in a couple weeks. The new color was awesome in the water we were finding out fish and a little sandy ish too. Hope to have some packaged up in a week or two.
Attachments
Speckled Trout new grasswalker lure blur.jpg
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Really tried super hard yesterday.... ;-)

Post by Ron Mc »

I've seen my daughter get her kayak on plane.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Well done Tobin! I agree about the wind. It can really move the bait around! I was out gigging last night (bad idea because of winds) and the water was very sandy/murky from all the wind movement, and that was low tide!!! All the bait was on south shores where the south winds pushed them. Love your information on how to find and catch them! :clap:
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

shallow red fish dvd ftw! after as rough start olf the year fishing its really picked up for me after watching the dvd 50 times lmao especially the last month.. ive caught more fish in the last month than i did all last year and so far this yeasr combined!! tbh tho not many keepers but its better thasn skunk lmao