Killing it in the surf

TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Killing it in the surf

Post by TroutSupport.com »

One of my customers posted this on another board. it's been another great summer for the TSL GrassWalker (Surf Stalker). At the end of last summer there were several 27-29 inch trout caught on it in the surf. Here's what TxHooksetter posted on another forum and his pic of his new personal best 27" trout.

"After reading so many reports about the TSL Lures, I dug in my pocket and ordered some. All this past week I would watch Tobin’s videos on rigging and presentation over and over, so I would “know what to do.”
This morning I waded the surf in Freeport and although a bit rough, it was TOTALLY worth it. I caught 6 trout all over 18” with my PB, 27”. I also lost several more fish, due to setting the hook at first hit and not waiting a few seconds. Best thing about it was I was able to use the same lure all morning. They are truly tougher than any other soft plastic I have used. I was using the Bone Diamond in somewhat of an off color surf. (Sorry for the crappy ice chest fish pic but I wasn’t stopping while they were biting.)"

Everyone Congratulate HookSetter.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Killing it in the surf

Post by kickingback »

Those TSL's work great in many conditions, both salt and fresh water! I love mine!
SmileDoc

Re: Killing it in the surf

Post by SmileDoc »

So Tobin, I feel I know how to fish it in the marshes and grass flats, but how and where do you fish it in the surf?