Aransas Pass

Castblastkick

Aransas Pass

Post by Castblastkick »

This past weekend the reds were eating up shallow sparsely. My group of six ended up with about 15 reds and a number of blacks. I slough the dink trout and rat reds on top water first thing and it died around 10.
Two of us through flies all day and didn’t catch jack most of the day.

I found a large pod of blacks and flagged my buddy over. I couldn’t pull a single fish out of the group, but my buddy was successful one after another pulling mixed reds and blacks out of the same sand hole.

The action caught the attention of my other two buddies who joined in and they polled their yaks over. While throwing a gold crab imitation one of them tore up the reds catching one after another.

Frustrated I started changing lures. I threw everything I had including the very things they were biting on for the other three guys. Lol I never did hook up at that hole, but I had a blast being in the middle of that absolute rodeo of catching fish one after another out of the same hole.

The one fishing with a spinner caught most of his while letting a norton sand eel in orange and motor oil off the bottom. He just cast it out and let it sit until they picked it up. Gulp would have been a good lure as well I imagine. We didn’t have any.
The fly buddy was catching the reds on a slow strip retrieve. Image

All in, it was a great trip with good friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Aransas Pass

Post by kickingback »

Great report and pictures! Thanks for sharing!
PeterPP

Post by PeterPP »

your fish is so cool. I'm also going on a fishing trip on the weekends. :D
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Thanks for the report
YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

Great report, thanks.