Back to my local lake

imaoldmanyoungsalt

Back to my local lake

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

My son and I went out this morning to harass the bass in the thick hydrilla. I took an assortment of wacky worms again but also made sure this time to bring some frogs and various other seedless topwaters. While going thru my tackle I noticed a lure I had forgotten about since I haven't been the coast lately. It's the perfect bait for those clearwater bass in heavy hydrilla. Image

Tobin's TSL strikes again!
Man these things are awesome!

I will say tho you really do have to, as Tobin says, "cross their eyes" when you set the hook with these baits. The bulk of the bait and the large diameter hook really need a strong hookset to drive it home. I lost the 1st two good bass I had on today because I didn't get a good enough hookset mainly because my kayak was turned in an awkward position. Fishing low in a kayak, you really have to make sure your positioned well in relation to your cast in order to reel down, take up the slack, and PUT IT ON EM! I never lost another fish today after I started being vigilant about my position. I didn't make the cast until my kayak was setting just right.
These things can be worked right across the top of the thick mats of weeds and then dropped into the pockets without picking up any grass at all or fished along the edges of the weedline, walking the dog, or let them slowly sink along the deeper edges as much as 10-12 feet and twitched or just lift n fall. I caught fish today on them using every one of those techniques. Tobin, if I haven't said it before, I'll say it now....Thanks for creating this thing! I didn't take too many pics today but here's a few.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Cityfisher

Re: Back to my local lake

Post by Cityfisher »

Very nice!
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Great report!
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Cool! Next time I go bass fishing in heavy cover I want to try them. Just need to remember to pack them out from my salt water lures...