Freeport Marsh/ Surfside Beach

CAS

Freeport Marsh/ Surfside Beach

Post by CAS »

This past Saturday morning I decided to take my girlfriend out on the kayaks for her first time and ended up catching a few fish in the freeport marsh. Had her set up with a gulp on a cork and on her first cast she was able to hook up to a nice 17 inch spec that we took home! Shortly after a bit further into the marsh I was able to hook up to this rat red that was about 17 inches on a saltwater assassin lure (dont remember the name).
IMG_7190.jpg
Did not catch much else this day other than a few small specs. Also had my girlfriend hook up to a nice slot red (instantly started ripping drag) but she never set the hook unfortunately... she is relatively new to fishing and was just trying to hold onto the rod and reel LOL

Sunday morning I went out to wade fish surfside beach after seeing the favorable wind conditions. The water was literally a plate and could not have been a better day to fish! We bought some live shrimp and put them under a cork but did not have too much luck early until we caught four 15 inch croaker (did not even know they got this big???). Was really surprised by this but we still just threw them back as we were targeting specs.

Ended up catching our 3 man limit..... of sharks lol sharks literally surrounded us and came all the way into the first gulley. We had very light tackle so mainly they would just bite us off but were able to land a few. Here is one!
IMG_7192.jpg
Overall was not able to fill the fridge with fish but any day fishing is a good one!
Cityfisher

Re: Freeport Marsh/ Surfside Beach

Post by Cityfisher »

Nice day of fishing for you and your girl! Glad ya'll were able to catch a few. I was out at Surfside yesterday and couldn't buy a bite. lol
CAS

Post by CAS »

Thanks man!

Honestly Sunday it might have been better not to catch anything than be in the water with those sharks... While we were playing around with the small 2 and 3 footers we saw at the very least a 4 or 5 footer sneak up near us and that's when we knew it was time to get out! LOL
Cityfisher

Post by Cityfisher »

Check this one out. It was caught Saturday at Surfside also.

http://abc13.com/news/3727643/
Shroomboyy

Post by Shroomboyy »

I was there Friday evening and it felt very sharky. I didn't see any in the water but saw a couple dead 2 footers on the beach some ass clowns killed. All I caught was a 40# stingray on a half sandtrout in the second gut. After that the sun went down and I quit fishing for the night. A did hear several blow ups close to the beach later on a figured the sharks were in. Since you were there Saturday I guess I was right.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk