an hour before sunset. 07/08/2018

F.O.C.
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

an hour before sunset. 07/08/2018

Post by F.O.C. »

After an awesome home cooked Sunday supper I decided to try fishing out of the skinny boat. Paddled my usual "night time" spot and managed to catch a few small trout, a barley 20 inch red, lost what I think was a large lady fish, saw a small trout jump out of water chasing my lure, and watched a really nice red follow my lure and turn when it got to the kayak.
The trout were about 12-15 inches and really yellow. The reds were on the move along with schools of mullet. I'd put the lure right in front of the ripples twitch and wait for a hit. On one cast, I wasn't paying attention and whatever bit my lure took off like a freight train! 8)

Water was grassy and shallow. Under a foot. I tossed a weedless and weightless white 3 inch shrimp from Tsunami. I had to be careful setting the hook and landing the fish in the skinny kayak cause it doesn't take much to lay it on its side. Got to an island for a quick pic and released it.
20180708_205124_resized.jpg
20180708_201305_resized.jpg
fyi, supper was tender beef tips in a brown gravy with whole small mushrooms over white rice and small slice of carrot cake for dessert. mmhmmm!
booo52

Re: an hour before sunset. 07/08/2018

Post by booo52 »

F.O.C. wrote:After an awesome home cooked Sunday supper I decided to try fishing out of the skinny boat. Paddled my usual "night time" spot and managed to catch a few small trout, a barley 20 inch red, lost what I think was a large lady fish, saw a small trout jump out of water chasing my lure, and watched a really nice red follow my lure and turn when it got to the kayak.
The trout were about 12-15 inches and really yellow. The reds were on the move along with schools of mullet. I'd put the lure right in front of the ripples twitch and wait for a hit. On one cast, I wasn't paying attention and whatever bit my lure took off like a freight train! 8)

Water was grassy and shallow. Under a foot. I tossed a weedless and weightless white 3 inch shrimp from Tsunami. I had to be careful setting the hook and landing the fish in the skinny kayak cause it doesn't take much to lay it on its side. Got to an island for a quick pic and released it.
20180708_205124_resized.jpg
20180708_201305_resized.jpg

fyi, supper was tender beef tips in a brown gravy with whole small mushrooms over white rice and small slice of carrot cake for dessert. mmhmmm!

Yammy! Sometimes I take a Mug cake https://greenann.com/recipe/vegan-mug-cake/ with me. Healthy and tasty