Fishing report 6/26 - turtle bay kayak launch

Chubs

Fishing report 6/26 - turtle bay kayak launch

Post by Chubs »

Just because I can - here is my fishing report from yesterday.

This is again another land based report.

I wanted to go check out turtle bay kayak launch and lay eyes on the landscape. So I took the drive over there and fished the little boat ramp pier for a bit.

Wind around 10/15 mph blowing right into my face. Water brownish but not quite chocolate yohoo.

Tossed a gold weedless spoon for a bit, switched to a 1/8oz jighead with gulp mullet, and finished with a Manns 1- wake bait.
I did get some nibbles on the 1/8oz jighead next to oyster, but eventually said oyster cut my line and I lost the jighead.

I was only fishing for about 30 min. I got there too late otherwise I would have waded a bit.

Anyway, an older gentleman came by as I was packing up and we talked for a good while as he told me his life story heh. He had a lot of stories to tell me lol. But he told me all the secret spots to go try out lol. Also he invited me to use his fishing pier if I was ever back in the area. Cool beans, it pays off to keep strangers company sometimes.

Let's see what tonight brings then..
Chubs

Re: Fishing report 6/26 - turtle bay kayak launch

Post by Chubs »

I forgot to mention. I saw a flock of birds working the area of turtle bay. like 15 gulls I'd say. Working the area for a good 30 - 45 min.

they kept creeping closer but never close enough for me to get at the fish under them!!!
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Good report Chubs! Thanks for sharing!
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

It’s tough to get on Fish when you are limited by a little random stretch of shoreline and have to cast from the shore, plus only having a few minutes to fish. I probably wouldn’t expect much action with all those restrictions, but it still wouldn’t keep me from trying if I was in the mood. Thanks for the report.
jgg696

Post by jgg696 »

Just curious. Where is turtle bay?
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Sometimes its better to listen. Nice of the gentleman to offer his pier. Sounds like a successful fishing trip.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

jgg696 wrote:Just curious. Where is turtle bay?
That's right next to Palacios. I was on a work trip last week to port Lavaca so turtle bay was just 20 min away.

The guy i was talking to said this is not a good time of year to fish turtle bay though, but they were doing well of his pier at night.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Tombo wrote:Sometimes its better to listen. Nice of the gentleman to offer his pier. Sounds like a successful fishing trip.
Yup, sometimes stories are better than not catching fish.

Nice area of Texas in general. port o Connor that other wade fisherman hooked me up with his shrimp and spot he was catching them in. People on this forum too from that area have be generous with suggestions when you ask.