Cobia, specs, and reds! Oh my! 6/4-7/18

BC1

Cobia, specs, and reds! Oh my! 6/4-7/18

Post by BC1 »

Made a trip to Corpus Christi with a buddy this week. Made it down about 1 am Tuesday. Braved the surf and swell at sunrise and was rewarded with a 47” Cobia at the first BHP platform on a 4 oz silver jig. Saw the biggest sea turtle Ive ever seen.
On Wednesday we drove up to Port Aransas and made our way out to Lighthouse lakes. Nothing was biting artificials but a couple of tosses of the cast net and some bottom rigs had us back in the catching business. Tore up the specs in the pass and pulled a load of reds out of the cuts in the marsh. As much as I love being down there we had to cut the trip short. Filled our RTIC 65 with fish and ran out of room. I don’t know about you but I’d say that makes a hell of a trip. Pro tip: Dry ice will freeze your fish solid pretty quickly. It’s a great way to keep the swimmers fresh if your fishing for days and transporting several hundred miles.

Id also like to say that I do not condone taking unnecessary risk. Always paddle within your ability and stay safe out there.

Tight lines, boys!
BC