awesome morning! 05/06/2018. morning fog light north west breeze

F.O.C.
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

awesome morning! 05/06/2018. morning fog light north west breeze

Post by F.O.C. »

Almost cancelled this mornings trip due to the fog but waited it out and it paid off. Launched just before sunrise and found my first school about 100 yards from the truck. A quick cast and landed one of 3 20 inch reds for the morning. After a pic and release, I went looking for the school again. Stayed with it and landed a few more. I followed it another couple of yards to deeper water and lost sight of them. Caught a dink trout while blind casting in that area. Decided to paddle back to where I first saw the school and found another small school. This time I tried to just take pictures but spooked them when I reached for my big camera.
Made my way to another area that's only about 6 inches deep and found 3 schools of small reds that were very hungry. After having fun with them I kicked my feet over and hung out enjoying the morning. About this time my shoulder and elbow were starting to ache but then I noticed big tails just a few yards away. I slowly made my way to them, placed my lure right on them and they inhaled it instead of spooking. A loud slurp and fish on....spit the hook!! Happened twice. :P
Saw lots of reds, small stingrays, one even had its tail out of the water. Thought it was a twig. Even the small sheep head were hanging out. Smallest red was 20 inches. Largest was 23 inches. Lure for the day was the same white 3 inch tsunami shrimp plastic that I used last weekend. I mean, the exact same one. The tail finally came off when it got wedged in the lip grip.

Was a good morning!
20180506_062025.jpg
20180506_063815.jpg
20180506_083606.jpg
20180506_134722.jpg
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: awesome morning! 05/06/2018. morning fog light north west breeze

Post by kickingback »

Great morning fishing! Well done and glad you got out to catch a few!
Chubs

Re: awesome morning! 05/06/2018. morning fog light north west breeze

Post by Chubs »

Nice report. Hope I can run into those schools myself when I get to hit the marsh again soon.

And I always reuse my plastics too unless they are just shredded beyond use. Caught quite a few fish on an old matrix shad before the crabs tore it up.
At that point I give then to my 4 year old son to play with and he gets a kick out of them.