Brown & Root/ TS tip Helped

JMS

Brown & Root/ TS tip Helped

Post by JMS »

Fished Friday morning as looked like I had a couple hours before wind would pick up. Launched by the bridge crossed channel and threw red and white skitter walk picked up a rat red and moved from their away from shore along the edge of flat and channel. Water was really off color and had to go really shallow to have any visibility. Remembered my Trout Support video about color selection and switched from green/black Softdine to pink with sparkles first cast thought I hooked a slot red but it was just a huge non-jumping skip jack.

Paddle back towards the road wind had picked up and wanted to fish the oyster reefs as wind was really blowing the water up against them but water was super murky and my anchor had a hard time holding. Gave up crossed channel and fished shoreline back to truck picked up a slot red on my pink Softdine.

First time fishing coast in April might have to focus on the Guadalupe for Trout as wind was terrible all weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Brown & Root/ TS tip Helped

Post by kickingback »

Cool report! Way to use the Trout Support videos to refresh your knowledge. I too think about Tobin's teachings often!
The wind has been a bitch lately. Thanks for sharing!
TroutSupport.com
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Brown & Root/ TS tip Helped

Post by TroutSupport.com »

thanks guys, yep, keep watching them and keep applying the material. Wading is a good option with a yak in April and May. Paddle until you get to your wading spot then anchor or park or shoreline and go wade. Make sure you securely anchor the craft though.. no body wants a floater.... kayak or otherwise.

Good work JMS.. next time it will be a nice red or trout