Freeport marsh Saturday

Ultrastealth
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Freeport marsh Saturday

Post by Ultrastealth »

It was a brutal day in the Freeport marsh. The whole area was as fresh as Lake Houston and just as muddy. Before the front hit, the weather was nice. Afterward, well let's just say it stopped being fun real quick and I packed it in. I did spook a couple of big reds way back in the grass (the tide was really high), but the only bite all morning was a gar that I had for about 3 seconds. I know it's not much of a report, but you learn as much from the bad days as the good ones. It looked like most of the boats were running West looking for some saltier water.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Freeport marsh Saturday

Post by kickingback »

Thanks for posting! I know I don't always post when I have a bad trip out but you are right in giving info to others and I give you kudos for that! Damn, now I gotta do the same...thanks! :lol:
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

I think a fishing report of getting skunked is equally valuable as a report of limits being caught. One tells me I should consider driving down and one tells me to save the time and gas.

I always try to report on every trip. After all, this is the “Fishing Reports” section and not the “Catching Reports” section. I think most fisherman appreciate both types of reports so keep them coming.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

Ya I appreciate the bad reports as well as good reports. Lets the rest of us know what you tried and what didn't work; that way we all know to try something different.
Not necessarily that we shouldn't go to an area and try it out - but just that the tactics probably need to be different.
The worst report is a "good report" that tells you nothing other than giving some pictures and saying "I caught a limit of fish"

Thanks for the report.