Churchill Bayou again

Haley123

Churchill Bayou again

Post by Haley123 »

Launched at Amigo lane around 7:15. Tide was super low. Had to pull the yak a bit to just get to the boat channel to paddle. A whole lot of nothing all day until I caught an oyster. But it was a 15” flounder to my surprise. Then a bunch of nothing. Off the water at noon. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Churchill Bayou again

Post by karstopo »

Pretty fish. It’s always fun when you get out in a nice place like Churchill Bayou. Thanks for sharing.
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

We got skunked in lower trinity as well. Launched at 7 - off by noon. The water temps were 44 degrees at launch and warmed to 49 at noon, and I think the water temps hurt us. I wonder if the afternoon bite would have been better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by kickingback »

Good flounder!
You guys need to try to catch crappie and white bass this time of year. More productive and fun! I am having a blast limiting out on crappie. Soon the Nueces will be full on with white bass run. Pack trip to the area in Feb as well.
Good luck and stay warm!
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Yesterday all the fishing parameters were perfect for our trip on the lower East shoreline of Trinity Bay: low Easterly wind; favorable outgoing tides; trout-green water w/ 2 ft. visibility, & low barometric pressure in advance of this Blue Norther...
But the Fishing Attorneys went hard for 6 hours without a bite! Answers? My only theory is that 2 years of low-salinity in Trinity Bay have "taught" the speckled trout to stay further south in our local bay complex!
Am I crazy?
(maybe crazy enough to try some crappie fishing with KickingBack!)... Can't wait for some Spring fishing.
--Dandydon

Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

There’s something to your thinking, dandy. The bay has been very fresh for a couple of years. Might be enough to knock the trout down to the saltier parts.