San Luis Pass and Moses Lake January 6th 2017

screwston420

San Luis Pass and Moses Lake January 6th 2017

Post by screwston420 »

Fished San Luis Pass this morning in the kayak not a single bite...

Fish Moses Lake around the tide Gates and Marsh this afternoon until dark, not a single bite....

That is all :<
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: San Luis Pass and Moses Lake January 6th 2017

Post by kickingback »

Skunked huh? I can see Moses being hard but not SLP with Titlum Tatlum bayou. I always catch something in there.
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

yea i didnt make it to the other side, i will next time. back is killing me today after dragging the yak back up the levee at moses
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

At Moses lake, did you fish the deep part? I always wonder how it would be this time of year.

Are lures effective that deep though or do you have to use bait?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

i fished a hole that was 40 feet deep, i know there are deeper ones. i used lures and live bait no luck :(
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

I think those deep ass holes in SLP are worthless. Kickingback is right - Titlum is always productive for us, and Cold Pass can be as well.
Chubs

Post by Chubs »

I've figured base on where I've gotten bites my last few trips fall and winter, I'm going to always include a visit to a cut around 100' wide on all of my future trips.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

screwston420 wrote:...back is killing me today after dragging the yak back up the levee at moses
Yeah, not easy without a buddy to tag team the kayaks. I did strategize a plan once to take a long rope with me, tie it to the front carry strap of the kayak, run it up to the top of the levee, feed it under the guardrail cable, tie that off to the trailer hitch and pull that thing up the hill with the truck..... :D

Moses hole is usually good this time of year. You can get specks, flounder and some reds. Lures work fine, but you need heavier jigheads to get the bait to stay near the bottom. I have had best results with Morning Glory and Red Shad colors (dark seems to be best at those depths) and have used mostly 1/4 oz jigheads, though in higher winds, I have used a 3/8 oz jighead to help keep the slack out of my line.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

that is one of reasons why I ditched my malibu stealth 14 and got Pescador 12 -- now I simply carry it in my hands :)
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

well i have a feelfree moken 14... a friend of mine that worked with me at GE moved to seattle and sold it to me for a price i couldnt refuse... kayak with everything i would need including fish finder and life jacket for $500... i think that yak alone is $900 at AKC when i bought it from him the price for it at AKC was 1100, its my first kayak so it does me good until i can move up to a hobie or something like that
Last edited by screwston420 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
screwston420

Post by screwston420 »

Yaklash wrote:
screwston420 wrote:...back is killing me today after dragging the yak back up the levee at moses
Yeah, not easy without a buddy to tag team the kayaks. I did strategize a plan once to take a long rope with me, tie it to the front carry strap of the kayak, run it up to the top of the levee, feed it under the guardrail cable, tie that off to the trailer hitch and pull that thing up the hill with the truck..... :D

Moses hole is usually good this time of year. You can get specks, flounder and some reds. Lures work fine, but you need heavier jigheads to get the bait to stay near the bottom. I have had best results with Morning Glory and Red Shad colors (dark seems to be best at those depths) and have used mostly 1/4 oz jigheads, though in higher winds, I have used a 3/8 oz jighead to help keep the slack out of my line.
nice thx for the info, i will put it to good use for sure!