Black Friday Black Bass and fancy new pliers 11-24

Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

If you do like me and go to Roswell, New Mexico to look for aliens, because the truth is out there, you might stop by Black Betty’s bbq to grab a bite to eat before you get abducted and probed.
If your old lady grabbed you and dragged you to the shopping places today because it’s Black Friday, you have my sympathies.
Me? I went Black Bass chasin’! Take THAT consumerism! When Abraham Lincoln invented Thanksgiving, he absolutely didn’t have massive pre-Christmas sales and fist fights over electronics on his mind!
He was probably a bassin’ man. So he’d be there with me on the lake while his crazy wife went shopping for this season’s knickers or corset. For that I give thanks.
After being exiled from the Rocky Mountain West earlier this week, I came back to Tejas and immediately made plans to harass some bass. The first one ate a jerkbait, right on schedule. We have a gentleman’s agreement and so far, the bass are holding up their end.
Then I went to work with the Carolina rig in the channels like the bass ordered last week. But only little Junior Petunia here fell for that one.
The wind kicked up from the southeast though. Tons of bait balls, a good breeze coming over points, and a beautiful fall day? Yes please!!!! This is crankin’ time!
The bass we’re hanging out in 12’-16’. Twice, super-duper, high tech bass boats fished their way between me and the shoreline (with no fish to show for it). As usual, most boats were beating banks and pounding reeds and timber. Everybody fishes the same standing timber day-in, day-out. The ones today also missed the hassle of unhooking these things.
And these.
And even these.
I had to use my pliers a couple of times and fortunately, I picked up this spiffy new Chinese pair of eBay.
I examined the different brands at Bass Pro and Academy, and they all look alike. But they all cost $30 or more. Some are $60. These were $9.95 AND the sheath slides over your belt, it doesn’t clip on like the Bass Pro version (also made in China) so you can’t knock them off accidentally when doing a polka or wrestling with gators. They might be plutonium-infused, but I’m not sure. Go cast a line, bother some fish, and file a report. Honest Abe would expect nothing less of us all. I’m going to go stuff some more pumpkin pie down my gullet now and pass out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Cuervo Jones on Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kickingback
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Black Friday Black Bass and fancy new pliers 11-24

Post by kickingback »

Nice pliers! The fish are cool too...
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

Hey those fish are missing spots! Nice outing anyway!
Slayer21

Post by Slayer21 »

Green trout!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cuervo Jones
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Cuervo Jones »

I’ll get back to the salty waters soon. It’s just nice to not have a nearly 4 hour round trip drive. Bass need love too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by shoffer »

Thanks, again, Cuervo, for your informative and witty posts. I do enjoy them.