Rubbish Regatta - Armand Bayou 9/23/17 | Volunteer

Eat Sleep Fish

Rubbish Regatta - Armand Bayou 9/23/17 | Volunteer

Post by Eat Sleep Fish »

The company I work for has partnered with Armand Bayou Nature Center to help collect trash and debris from Armand Bayou this coming Saturday the 23rd. The Rubbish Regatta project will be a half-day excursion to remove trash and debris from Armand Bayou and its tributaries. Teams of paddlers, led by Armand Bayou Nature Center guides, will be deployed in canoes by pairs to transit one or more popular routes along the Armand Bayou Paddle Trail collecting trash flushed into the bayou by storm drain systems upstream. Friends and family members can participate if they are over 12 years old. Armand Bayou is an important water resource to the South Houston area, serving as a critical habitat for native wildlife and source of ground water for the local people.

Volunteers will meet at the Canoe Launch in Bay Area Park on the day of the event. The group will depart from the boat ramp at 8 A.M. and return at approximately 11:30 A.M.

I will be taking my kayak and if you'd like to participate I suggest you bring your own kayak or canoe along with gloves, trash bags, a net and anything else you think you may want to help gather trash and debris from the waterways.

Looking forward to seeing some of you out there! Please respond to the thread if you will be coming out.

-Devon
Attachments
Armand Bayou.png
Eat Sleep Fish

Re: Rubbish Regatta - Armand Bayou 9/23/17 | Volunteer

Post by Eat Sleep Fish »

Please comment if you will be coming out, trying to get a head count. Hope to see some of you out there. Thanks!