Gulf Shores Jetty Report

catastrophy

Gulf Shores Jetty Report

Post by catastrophy »

I know it wasn't Texas but still had a good time and wanted to share a few pics from the little bit of fishing I managed (tough to sneak away with 2 kids and an infant!). The water was beautiful, a deep clear blue. I worked about halfway down the jetty on both sides.
water.jpg
The morning started off with having to fight off tons of blue fish - no pics taken as there weren't any worth taking pics of, all juvies about 12 inches. Managed one juvenile jack and finally a nice oversize red (released).
jack.jpg
red.jpg
Interesting thing about her was she must have disappointed someone else recently as she had a treble hook and busted line hanging from her mouth still. After catching blue after blue it sure was nice to feel that drag scream when that red hit!

Finished with what I believe was a sharpnose shark..could have been a juvenile blacktip but I believe the sharpnose sharks also have the same blacktip markings underneath but are a little browner in color like the one in the pic.
shark.jpg
Would have loved to catch some specks, but I don't think my bait could stay in the water long enough before the blues were all over it.
troutslinger
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Cypress/West Galveston bay/ East Matty/ Mirrolure Pro Staff

Re: Gulf Shores Jetty Report

Post by troutslinger »

Nice pics and red.