B&R flats, east shoreline

Tombo

B&R flats, east shoreline

Post by Tombo »

Fished early this morning, launched on the right after the second bridge. As I got about 1/2 way to the islands on the flats, parallel to east shore line, I could see Redfish tails and backs to my left. First two hookups lasted all but ten seconds. Third red stayed on, when the red came near my kayak I could see it was a mid slot fish. Then it happened, slack line as my line broke at the hook.
Kept paddling around the islands and spooked a couple more mid slots. Fish were cruising along slowly leaving no wake. It was all over by 0930.
If you go, rig up something to sight cast with that is weedless or you will have a tough time keeping grass off you lure.
Attachments
P8040029.JPG
P8040028.JPG
StevenM
Location: Fredericksburg and Aransas Pass Texas Wilderness Ride 135

Re: B&R flats, east shoreline

Post by StevenM »

Been having the same problem back there. Lots of fish but lots of hookspits before the yak.
Probably try somewhere around Rockport tomorrow.
Would love to hookup sometime, been stuck fishing weekends lately which I'm not fond of but that should change some come September
Drifting Yak
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Drifting Yak »

Hate to hear that they're teasing ya like that Tombo but glad that you got out there. Sure looked like a peaceful morning. :mrgreen:
GoDoe
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by GoDoe »

Good report Tombo. Looks like a nice morning on the water. I heard it had been pretty easy to find fish but that was before the tide starting running higher than predicted again.

That Turtle grass is tough fishing with any kind of lure or fly.

Stay after them,

John
Big Kahuna
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Sight casting flounder potlicking Mt Stringer and Osochuck

Post by Big Kahuna »

Glad to see the reds are still there. Last few times I fished it was fished pretty heavy and the reds were gone. Guess I need to head back to the old stomping grounds.

Mahalo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk